Dads & Dads-to-be

Baby's Got a Cold!!

So here in Milwaukee winter is really starting to kick in. Now that daycare is a part of everyday life for my family, the combination of the two leads to a cold for our son.

It is his first, and while he is the trooper he normally is, he is certainly not himself.  He is sleeping more, eating less, sneezing, coughing, and snot is flowing all day long! We are entering day 4 this morning.

Outside of using the nasal aspirator on him, we aren't really doing much of anything else outside of checking his temp, which is fine. We are probably more bothered about it than he is!

Any suggestions from you dads on how you deal with the dreaded cold?  We have the Vick's warm steam humidifier in his room, but he is very congested right now even with that.

Re: Baby's Got a Cold!!

• Humidifier is a good move. We have not tried this, but have heard that putting the Baby Vicks Vaporub on the soles of his feet is supposed to help with night time congestion.  For the most part it sucks because it is one of those deals where there just isn't a whole lot you can do except wait it out.  Sorry to hear your little man isn't feeling well, hopefully he'll kick it soon.  Seemed that when my son had a cold, it lasted about 7-10 days before things went back to normal 100%.
  • imageColtsdad:
    Humidifier is a good move. We have not tried this, but have heard that putting the Baby Vicks Vaporub on the soles of his feet is supposed to help with night time congestion.  For the most part it sucks because it is one of those deals where there just isn't a whole lot you can do except wait it out.  Sorry to hear your little man isn't feeling well, hopefully he'll kick it soon.  Seemed that when my son had a cold, it lasted about 7-10 days before things went back to normal 100%.

Wife suggested the vapor rub on the foot yesterday.  Maybe we will try that tonite.

One week is about what I figured....

• Loading the player...
  • Well my awesome hubby (Coltsdad) said everything I would, but he did leave out propping up the mattress in the crib.  I folded up a thick beach towel and put it under the mattress and that helped our son a lot.  Since you can't prop them up with pillows it's the next best thing.  Stock up on Boogie Wipes- those things are awesome.  Our son definitely prefers the grape scented ones but they both smell awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageonlymeggan:
    Well my awesome hubby (Coltsdad) said everything I would, but he did leave out propping up the mattress in the crib.  I folded up a thick beach towel and put it under the mattress and that helped our son a lot.  Since you can't prop them up with pillows it's the next best thing.  Stock up on Boogie Wipes- those things are awesome.  Our son definitely prefers the grape scented ones but they both smell awesome.

Whenever you post over here it scare me.  My wife's name is Megan, so when I see your handle I get the shakesIndifferent I will let my Megan know about the boogie wipes...Thanks!

• imageladyjenna13:

Whenever you post over here it scare me.  My wife's name is Megan, so when I see your handle I get the shakes

You get the shakes when she posts here too, huh?  Just kidding honey!

• imageColtsdad:
    imageladyjenna13:

Whenever you post over here it scare me.  My wife's name is Megan, so when I see your handle I get the shakes

You get the shakes when she posts here too, huh?  Just kidding honey!

Funny!!!

• Dude, sorry about your little man. Sounds like his is super tough though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDavidStamps:
    Dude, sorry about your little man. Sounds like his is super tough though!

Thanks, dude!

Yeah, he is over it now.  I have been off the grid the last week because the cold went from him to mommy, and now to daddy.

The boy is tough, I'll give you that.  When we get to daycare on the morning, and all the other babies are crying, he looks around like he wants to ***-slap them all! Then he looks at me and smiles right before I leave.

My boy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"