August 2012 Moms
Options

I'm starting to lose my mind...

My DS2 has colic and a milk protein allergy.  We've recently put him on nutrimagen, and it's helped about 75%.  The other 25% consists of him screaming for hours straight sometimes.

I kept my cool about it for a longgg three months, and now I feel like my fuse is getting shorter and shorter.  At no point until recently did I even feel like I had to get away to scream in a closed room, but now I feel like i'm being pushed to my breaking point and I don't see an end in sight.

It's killing me as all my friends with babies of a similar age tell me how happy they are, and they're great babies and they never cry.  I can't help to wonder what my little guy did to deserve to be in pain all of the time.

To make things worse, my almost four old things its fun to compete in the screaming contests with the baby.  He's also going through a horrible phase of defiance and testing.  

Someone please tell me they have a similar experience just so I can not feel alone in the sadness and frustration of having  a screaming unhappy baby :( 

I need a vacation by myself for one full day with no noise...even if its just locked in my own soundproof bedroom, that I wish I had. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm starting to lose my mind...

• Options
    You are soooo not alone. Take a breath. Find a sitter or ask hubby for a day and go somewhere. I should take my one advice.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It will get better. My mom said I had colic for my first 3 months of life and then magically one day I stopped screaming. Maybe it will be that way for you. Hang in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have help? Can you get out of the house for an hour? Or longer? Youdefinitely need a break. And sonetimes daily breaks are even helpful.

I'm sorry your Lo is having issues that are also driving you insane. B still sometimes has crying and screaming fits and I just want to scream into a pillow...which I have done...on several occasions.

Dh also takes baby duty when he gets home from work and ge encourages me to get out of the house. On weekends he mostly takes baby duty too. It helps sooooo much.

GL. Being a mother is so difficult. I feel for ya.
  • Options

Getting breaks are hard, and I usually have a night out with DH every week, but with the holidays and stuff...we haven't been out in a few weeks.  

I found someone to watch the kids Thursday...hopefully I make it haha.  I'm now dying with the flu and mommies don't get sick days...grr 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"