June 2012 Moms
Options

Teething confusion.

DD is teething.

I am a bit confused about how fevers play into teething. Right now DDs cheeks are warm and flushed, one a little more rosy then the other and her temp is 37c. How elevated can a temp get during teething and when is it too high?

I know that is such a rookie question but every book or website have different ranges and I thought some real mom experience might straighten it out for me better then Dr Google.

Thanks guys :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Teething confusion.

• Options

From what I've heard, the fever comes from the fact that their gums are open and they are more susceptible to infections this way. On that note, though, most of these infections are really minor and really only produce low grade fever (since a fever is your body's reaction, rather than the illness itself).

I think, in general, the rule with fevers is - after 3 months, call the pedi if it hits 101 (38c) or above. Most likely they'll just prescribe Tylenol, but you always want to be on the safe side! 

Hope your LO feels better soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thank you!

I hope so too.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my boys were/are just teething they might run 100.4-100.6 temp but nothing higher. My pedi has the rule of 101 or above for more then 24 hours or it doesn't break with tylenol to come in. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"