April 2012 Moms
Options

gag reflex

DS has had the most sensitive gag reflex of any baby I know. He gags at EVERYTHING! I have to use smaller sized nipples and paci's just so it wont trigger his gag reflex. Now we are trying solids (other than ppurees) and he is gagging on everything.  I gave him a little bit of mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving dinner and he gagged and then vomited! :(  Has anyone has experience with this? Any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: gag reflex

• Options
    We are going through the same thing...just not quite as extreme.  He gags on puffs and those yogert melts.  He will gag until he throws up as well.  I put the puffs or melts on his tray when I'm getting his purees ready so he can play with them.  I'll stick 1/2 of one in his mouth before we eat to see if he'll take it.  No dice yet, but I figure if I keep trying, he'll eventually get it.  Sorry - no other advice, but I am going through the same thing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yeah... I figure if I keep trying he'll also get the hang of it. I hope. Well, thanks for responding. I'm glad to know others are going through the same thing :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same boat here as well. Didn't have this with DS1. I have no advice, he also gags until he throws up, we have tried BLW and Purees. Eventually I hope he will calm that reflex down...a lot! He also will not take a bottle or paci, just loves EBF.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"