Secondary IF

First RE appt. this Wednesday...a few questions

So, this Wednesday is my first RE appointment.  Needless to say, I am super nervous.  It doesn't help that I have been known to pass out during my yearly exams, so I am super anxious for all of the prodding and poking that will inevitably occur in this journey of getting me KU'd. 

I will have a transvaginal ultrasound on Wednesday.....so honestly, ladies, how bad is it?  My sister tells me that it's only awkward and not painful.....when I asked her what was worse, a pap or the ultrasound, she didn't even hesitate and said a pap is more uncomfortable.  Oh, and to make matters worse, Wednesday will be CD1 for meTongue Tied....they said it's no big deal if I'm bleeding.  But really, my first experience with this has to be on CD1??!!  UGGH!!

Also, I'm trying to wrap my mind around how many times a month I can expect to be at the RE.  As of this point, I have no idea what the issue is and how it will be treated.  But just for a frame of reference, with a medicated cycle, how many times are you ladies at the RE??

This all feels so surreal....especially since we conceived DD fairly easily on our own.......

Sorry this is so long...

Me-33 DH-33

DD #1 BFP 6-1-06 after 8 months of TTC

TTC #2 since July 2011

1st RE Appt 11/28/12 DX with PCOS, HSG and SA=Normal

Feb 2013-June 2013, 3 TI cycles and 2 IUI cyles with Letrozole, Ovidrel, and Dexamethasone=BFN!!!

July 2013-August 2013....taking a break and praying for a miracle

Fall 2013...will attempt IUI #3 and then seek 2nd opinion if it's a bust too

Re: First RE appt. this Wednesday...a few questions

• If they are like my RE, we meet with the Dr in his office first discussing our background and then decided exactly which tests to run.  The u/s is going to be pretty easy, it is sort of like a dildo with a condom on it and they don't have to put it in very far.  The nurses have to do a CD1-3 u/s on most all patients each month so I wouldn't worry about the bleeding they are so used to it.

It really depends upon what type of medicated cycle you will be on, but usually it is a lot of appointments up until ovulation.  So, for a week to 2 weeks its a little crazy.  GL!

TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • The transvaginal ultrasound isn't too bad and I have a very low pain tolerance.  Pap is actually worse.  They did one on me on CD1 and other than the embarrassment of bleeding, it wasn't quite as uncomfortable as it usually is.  I can't give you any info on a medicated cycle.  Due to my issues, RE suggested Ivf right off the bat.  Good luck!  
    DS#1 born 9/23/06 
    Twins DS#2 and 3 born at 31 weeks, 3 days due to a short cervix on 8/2/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • For my medicated cycles I go into the office on avaerage about 3 mornings a week, sometimes a little more.  The u/s doesn't hurt at all.  If, anything, blood draws hurt more, but that's not a big deal, either.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies!!

Me-33 DH-33

DD #1 BFP 6-1-06 after 8 months of TTC

TTC #2 since July 2011

1st RE Appt 11/28/12 DX with PCOS, HSG and SA=Normal

Feb 2013-June 2013, 3 TI cycles and 2 IUI cyles with Letrozole, Ovidrel, and Dexamethasone=BFN!!!

July 2013-August 2013....taking a break and praying for a miracle

Fall 2013...will attempt IUI #3 and then seek 2nd opinion if it's a bust too

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"