VBAC
Options

VBAC Advice

I'm about two weeks away from my due date. I have a VBAC friendly doctor (except for one doctor in the practice) and a doula. If you have anything tips or tricks that really helped you have a successful VBAC, please let me know. As the date gets closer, I am getting more worried about having to go through labor again and ending up with another csection.
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: VBAC Advice

• Options
    My advice is to do your best to let go of that worry and relax and try to enjoy the process.  Is it possible that you might go through labor and end up with a c/s?  You bet.  And there really isn't much we have control over in that situation.  Sometimes labor doesn't go as planned, baby doesn't tolerate labor, etc.  So, let go of the things you have no control over.  Don't let the worry overshadow  your labor and possibly issue-free VBAC.  You don't want to look back on the arrival of your baby and see that big worry cloud over it!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options

Remember labor is good for baby, even if it ends in a RCS. For me the benefits to baby (and me) from labor are worth the risk of laboring and ending in a RCS.

Also if you schedule a RCS your odds of a RCS are 100% where as if you plan a VBAC your odds of success are greater than your odds of a RCS.

As for suggestions, drink red rasberry leaf tea (3 cups a day in the 3rd tri, 4 cups daily after 36 weeks) it's a uterine tonic and should make labor shorter by helping you dilate quicker and contractions more efficient and effective.

Do prenatal yoga (there are some great free video podcasts on itunes and youtube of prenatal yoga classes), walking, drink lots of water (RRLT counts), do spinningbabies.com daily exercises for optimal fetal positioning, and generally stay healthy.

You can also See a webster qualified chiropractor if your comfortable with that to help baby and you be optimally lined up for delivery. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMAprincess:
    My advice is to do your best to let go of that worry and relax and try to enjoy the process.  Is it possible that you might go through labor and end up with a c/s?  You bet.  And there really isn't much we have control over in that situation.  Sometimes labor doesn't go as planned, baby doesn't tolerate labor, etc.  So, let go of the things you have no control over.  Don't let the worry overshadow  your labor and possibly issue-free VBAC.  You don't want to look back on the arrival of your baby and see that big worry cloud over it!

Yep, this. I would go over the things I could control and the things I didn't have control over. It seemed to help me focus on not getting too worried about the what-ifs. 

Also, ignore those contractions and stay upright as long as you can! I think it helped with my VBAC labor. Good luck!!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Thanks ladies! Your advice is very helpful!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"