Pregnant after 35

Doctor who can refer the Harmony test in NYC?

Anyone know of a doctor in New York who can refer and fill out the forms for the Harmony prenatal bloodtest?

I don't have a doctor here and am uninsured. Will do most of my prenatal care in Europe where I am from but this test can not be done there. 

Looking for a doctor that doesn't need me to be their patient through the whole pregnancy but that I can just pay for one short visit to do this test. Any tips would be very appreciated.  

Re: Doctor who can refer the Harmony test in NYC?

• If you don't get an answer on here you might check the NYC local board.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wonder if you could go straight to the source and ask Harmony? I bet they could provide some listing of docs in the NYC area that they work with.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedanuli8:
    I wonder if you could go straight to the source and ask Harmony? I bet they could provide some listing of docs in the NYC area that they work with.

I have already talked to the company behind Harmony and although they were very helpful and took a lot of time with me they couldn't recommend anyone. I will try to post on the NYC board as well. There just seems to be more traffic here on the general board and I have seen that some are from NY or New Jersey so thought someone might have a recommendation...

• I'm in the Midwest, but I would help you if I could!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Just wanted to get back and post about my success in case someone else finds this thread and is wondering.

I got an appointment with:

Dr. Kenneth Lescale  Maternal Fetal Medicine, 523East 72nd St, NYC

It seemed like a very easy thing. They don't ask me to be their patient for any other prenatal care and they will do everything in one appointment - genetic counseling, sonogram and blood test for Harmony, Verifi or Maternit21. The only cost I will have on top of the actual test is around $360 (instead of around $1000 at others I have tried).

• Hi, I'm in NYC area.  What is the Harmony test?

Thanks... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"