Late Term and Child Loss

Intro with questions. Ticker warning.

I am on mobile or else I would edit/remove my ticker. Just wanted to warn everyone before upsetting anyone.

An ultrasound today confirmed a miscarriage at 5w 4d. I lost the baby prior to the ultrasound because I had an empty uterus. My heart is broken. This is my second pregnancy and second loss. DD was a twin and I lost her twin between 9 and 10 weeks.

I have a few questions and would love any advice at all. First of all, after bleeding and clotting all morning, although never enough to fill a pad, there is minimal bleeding and no clotting. Should I be concerned? About how long should I expect to bleed? And if a d and c is needed, how/when will I know? I am very constipated, tmi I'm sure, but it hurts my ute when I push. I am having absolutely no cramping but for some odd reason, pushing hurts.

I'm just feeling so lost so I apologize for coming off as a rambling idiot. Any advice is welcome.

Re: Intro with questions. Ticker warning.

• imagemdharrison:
    I'm so sorry for your loss, you aren't coming off as a rambling idiot. nbsp;You may, however, find better answers to your questions on the Miscarriage/PgLoss board, as most of the ladies here have had late losses, after the second trimester. nbsp;nbsp;

I am so sorry. It is so hard to navigate TB on my phone.

• I'm so very sorry for your loss ((hugs))

I can't really shed any light on the natural M/C process since my loss was later and I was induced. But, I think the general consensus is that if you fill up more than 1 pad per hour then you should head to the doc.

As for the D&C. I knew I needed one when I started to hemorrhage last weekend. I apparently had retained products of conception and didn't know until my body started to expel clots the size of a pineapple (TMI - sorry)

Assuming the clots aren't bigger than a golf ball and your pain level is tolerable I think you should be okay. However, I would ask for an ultrasound once you're bleeding is tapering off or stops just to make sure you don't end up in my situation. It was terrifying and totally devastating.

Hope this helps. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"