Adoption
Options

Organizing medicine (and re-intro)

Hi, I introduced myself several weeks ago, then had to take a break from posting as I was consumed by taking care of a very ill mother. Things are better now -in last 2 weeks- and our foster to adopt process is also now rapidly progressing. We are on a mission to finish the entire homestudy/paperwork process by end November. Our agency is coming by on Monday to do our final homestudy visit at the house and do the safety walk. I am attempting to get the medications, first aid, etc all double locked and don't like anything I've done so far. DH put locks on our closet door so far and I just have it all in a big locked bin in various ziploc bags, but it seems like it will be horrible to find something when I am in a rush/emergency. How is your medication organized? I would love some ideas.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Organizing medicine (and re-intro)

• Options

Welcome back, I'm so sorry that your mother is ill.  I hope things continue to improve for her and for you.  That is awesome that your foster to adopt process is moving so quickly.  I don't have any advice on the medication, but I'll be keeping an eye on this post because I'll need to know the same thing soon enough!

Also, I just wanted to say I read your blog and it is beautiful.  You are a great writer and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your DH and your mom.  I hope your foster to adopt process goes very smoothly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemarshmallowevening:

I am a little over-organized... For foster to adopt home study, we had to have all medication locked. The thought of a lockbox on our counter stressed me out, so we installed a lock on one kitchen cabinet and use that cabinet for medicines. We have small plastic containers (from dollar tree) with each type of medicine- cold, pain relievers, stomach stuff, etc- in there. This satisfies their requirements and is really organized so it's very easy to find what we need.

This was what we bought, and it's a really sturdy lock. I like it also because you can turn it "off" and no need to use the magnetic knob to open. So right now, we have it off with no kids in the home but can easily turn it on.

Sorry to hear things have been rough, and good luck with the rest of your home study.

ETA- Just saw it said "double locked". Ours only had to be single locked. I guess if you have a cabinet with a shelf big enough to put a lock box in, that would work. 

LOL! Those locks are the ONE thing we bought at Lowe's today on our baby proofing journey that I did not think we needed and my husband insisted on, but I think we will use them the most! He loves that you posted this link! Thanks for the tips. The double lock is the thing that is the most irritating. I think small containers within my big box would be better than ziplocs though.  I will try to find some. Thanks again! 

• Options
    imageDaisyZH:

Welcome back, I'm so sorry that your mother is ill.  I hope things continue to improve for her and for you.  That is awesome that your foster to adopt process is moving so quickly.  I don't have any advice on the medication, but I'll be keeping an eye on this post because I'll need to know the same thing soon enough!

Also, I just wanted to say I read your blog and it is beautiful.  You are a great writer and my thoughts and prayers are with you, your DH and your mom.  I hope your foster to adopt process goes very smoothly!

Thanks so much for reading it Daisy and for your kind words. Good luck to you in the foster classes! 

• Options
    I have them in a child-safe box, and keep them in a closet with a hook and eye lock.
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"