Georgia Babies
Options

Vent: Why are nursing tops so ugly?

I was a busty gal before my milk came in and now even more so (36G)! I'd love to find some cute, conservitive nursing tops but everything I'm finding is just plain ugly. Really, who thinks that these styles are attractive? 

I've tried looking for "regular" clothes that could serve as nursing wear but am not having much luck since most button up options won't fit over my chest.

Vent over.

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Vent: Why are nursing tops so ugly?

• Options
    i agree - they look so dowdy! i usually rock a nursing tank and cardigan but being "busty" has never been an issue for me ;-)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Nursing bras for us lil gals are no picnic either. The ones w/o padding gave me torpedo boobs the padded ones got in the way while nursing! I mostly stuck to a nursing tank with a stretch tank over that. Pulled stretchy tank up, nursing flap down everything stayed covered!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like to just wear v-necked shirts or cowl-necked shirts with a nursing tank underneath. It's easy to pull the shirt down a little bit and then unsnap the nursing tank. I gave up trying to find affordable, cute nursing clothes and just stick with the easy-to-nurse-in shirts.
  • Options
    i just wear nursing tanks or nursing bra with a regular shirt. I was never a fan of the nursing shirts. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    target has wrap style t-shirts that work great as a nursing top over a nursing tank top. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageDaisy22:
    i just wear nursing tanks or nursing bra with a regular shirt. I was never a fan of the nursing shirts.nbsp;

Same!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I bought this top from Banana Republic is a bunch of solid colors and a couple of the prints. It's great for nursing. I can't stand pulling up shirts to nurse, I would rather pull down.. and most the nursing tops I have seen I don't care for. The faux wrap tops work great as nursing tops.  And being larger chested, this would be great on you. It runs pretty large.. I usually wear a L, but needed a M is this shirt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"