Baby Showers
Options

Birthday Invites

Hi Ladies,

I got an invite to a 2yo's party and in the invitation it says

Theme: Hello Kitty

then list the clothes sizes & shoe sizes

Is this common to put that in kids invites these days?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthday Invites

• Options

Not  common at all.  That is just awful.  

If you want people to know the theme, that can easily be communicated by the type of invitation.  If people want to buy clothes or shoes for a child, they will ask what size the child wears.   

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

I haven't seen a theme written in the invite, except for costume parties.  Usually the invites are a part of the theme.  For example, a Hello Kitty Party would have Hello Kitty on the invite.  I don't think it's a big deal to include this information in writing, though.

I also have never seen sizes in the invite, but I have been TOLD (without asking) the child's correct size when calling to RSVP.  I think it's super rude to put this info in the invite or to offer it up without being prompted.  However, I know that people will shop without getting gift reciepts/using common sense.  I understand why sizes would be included, but I still think it's super tacky.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wow, can you say tacky?? normally the invite hints at the theme- it should of been a hello kitty invite. Kids want toys- not clothes. 
    Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I really don't have a problem with it.  It is basically giving information...theme is Hello Kitty so if you want to go that route fine.  It also gives clothing and shoe sizes in case you want to get clothes instead of toys.  It's not like it is a list of items.  Saves the guest from calling and asking.
  • Options

imagerhubarb123:
    I really don't have a problem with it.  It is basically giving information...theme is Hello Kitty so if you want to go that route fine.  It also gives clothing and shoe sizes in case you want to get clothes instead of toys.  It's not like it is a list of items.  Saves the guest from calling and asking.

This is how I feel. But I didn't know if this was common these days or not.

• Options

imagerpalen29:
    wow, can you say tacky?? normally the invite hints at the theme- it should of been a hello kitty invite. Kids want toys- not clothes

I agree "kids" want toys not clothes...but a 2 year old is not a "kid" in my mind and really at that age it is all about tearing off the paper.  They really don't care what is in the package.  I've had three 2 year olds and it has been the same with all of them.  I appreciated clothes more than toys (especially when a birthday is close to Christmas).

• Options
    imagerhubarb123:

imagerpalen29:
    wow, can you say tacky?? normally the invite hints at the theme- it should of been a hello kitty invite. Kids want toys- not clothes. 

I agree "kids" want toys not clothes...but a 2 year old is not a "kid" in my mind and really at that age it is all about tearing off the paper.  They really don't care what is in the package.  I've had three 2 year olds and it has been the same with all of them.  I appreciated clothes more than toys (especially when a birthday is close to Christmas).

I see how it's more convenient for parents to include that info but I was put off by it when we got an invitation like that. We didn't go. It felt like a gift grab.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options

If there is a Hello, Kitty theme, why not just have HK invitations? 

I can see where it *might* be helpful to put clothing sizes there but it is kind of icky.

• Options
    imagerhubarb123:
    DITTO
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"