November 2011 Moms
Options

how to switch to cow milk?

For those that have switched, plan to, or started...How to switch?  

I was thinking to do one bottle at a time for a week or so... DD took 4 oz of wcm like she didn't know the difference for a week.  Until this morning, when DH let me sleep in (thankful!!!) and he gave her 4oz, cereal w/wcm, and then another 4 oz bottle.  She doesn't seem to care and we haven't noticed any digestive problems.  Thoughts?   

Re: how to switch to cow milk?

• Options
    DS went from EBF to 2 months of 1/2 BM and 1/2 formula. Then once the freezer stash was gone we did 3/4 formula and 1/4 WCM. LO was doing very well and didn't care this was just over a few days to one week so we went 3/4 WCM abd 1/4 formula quickly....he didn't mind. At 11.5 months we went 100 WCM. He gets 4 bottles still since he will only drink juice and water from sippy.

He gets an am bottle of warm all bottles are warm milk....he doesn't like cold milk at about 6:30am of about 3.54oz.
    Bottle around 9:3010 of 5.5 oz before am nap, one at 1:30 with the same amount for pm nap.
    Then he gets one at bed that's 8oz.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    We are doing half formula and half wcm until our can of formula is gone. Ds is adjusting really well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

About two weeks before her first birthday, we started adding 1 oz whole milk to each formula bottle/cup. The next week or so, we added 2 oz, and so forth. We have about 1-2 oz formula in her milk now still just til we finish up the formula.

We had some semi-constipation issues, so we are trying to give her more juice and water, but it doesn't seem to help much. Thankfully, she does like to eat prunes and pears, which does the trick!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We went from EBF to cows milk cold turkey. I slightly warmed it and he gulped it down. I didn't have the patience for mixing etc.
  • Options
    The plan was to start giving her a little bit of milk with meals two weeks before her birthday to get her used to it and then get rid of all bottles on her birthday but she hates milk so now we are just waiting until her 12m check up to see what the doctor suggests and have dropped down to only 2 bottles a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks!  We are on the milk wagon.  She seems to like it more than formula, even.  Just asked for more.  : )   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"