Preemies

25weeks

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and just wanted to reach out to anyone who has and is willing to offer advice. On the 21st of this month I gave birth to my beautiful daughter Shea.  Unfortunately she was born just under 25 weeks. Anyone have any advice on how to stay positive and hopeful?  I am so grateful that she is alive and stable, but also very scared. TIA, I look forward to hearing your success stories. Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: 25weeks

• Welcome!! Just take it one day at a time and try and stay positive. Keep that positive energy flowing to that baby. Also, do not forget to lean on and talk to the NICU nurses. They are very supportive and helpful.. bond with them as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister had her daughter at 25w 5 days and her daughter is now 21months old, happy and perfectly healthy! It was a very hard time for them while she was in the hospital for months but they got through it one day at a time and it all paid off. Stay Positive! Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just remember that the first couple of months are the hardest and she will do better and will soon be home. The NICU is an emotional roller coaster. Did you get a baby book? I used to write in it when I was next to the babies. It was nice to write down the little accomplishments that they had. My babies are almost 9 months old with way too much energy! Pretty soon your little one will. Hoe keeping you up all night!! :-)
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageCourtneyw04:
    Just remember that the first couple of months are the hardest and she will do better and will soon be home. The NICU is an emotional roller coaster. Did you get a baby book? I used to write in it when I was next to the babies. It was nice to write down the little accomplishments that they had. My babies are almost 9 months old with way too much energy! Pretty soon your little one will. Hoe keeping you up all night!! :-)

Stupid phone... Pretty soon your little one will be keeping you up all night! 

image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you for all the positive feedback. We are having some complications right now, possible brain bleed and definite infection. Will probably get results in the next couple of days. We are trying to stay optimistic and be strong for her. Thank you again for all your kind words and hopefulness. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • I also want to echo the "take it one day at a time." Enjoy the little things and realize some days will seem like two steps forward three steps back. It's normal. I also had a micropreemie, and was surprised at how soon life took on a new version of "normal."

I found it helpful to keep a journal. I'd write in it as I sat by the isolette. I'd write who her nurse was that day, how she was doing, her stats and how I felt. It was also helpful for writing down if someone visited or dropped a gift/food off, so I could keep up with thank you notes.

While every preemie's story is different, I had hope when I found out how many famous people were preemies: Isaac Newton, Winston Churchill, Alexander Dumas and many others. Such greatness from such small origins!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My daughter was born at 25 weeks on 8/14. It was a very hard and long journey. We were very lucky to not have any major setbacks. Just remind yourself that you can and will make it through this. Today is day 100 for us and we are rooming in tonight and hopefully taking our baby girl home tomorrow. Your special day will be here soon!
  • I am also the mom to a 25 weeker (probably less but officially at 25w 0d) and the only way to survive these early and scary days is to put one foot in front of the other and take things day by day.  Celebrate the good days and try to simple make it through the bad days.  I hope that her potential bleeds resolve and that her infection is treated quickly.  We are here for you.
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Congrats on your baby! I'm sorry you find yourself in such a scary situation, but I hope your baby grows healthy and fast.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Congratulations on the birth of your LO. Pretty much the ladies here have given you wonderful advice. Please come back often with updates. You and your little one are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Morganleed, 

A fellow preemie mom told me of your loss today.  I am so terribly sorry to hear this.  Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Thinking of you.

-Katie

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I agree with everyone! Take it one day at a time and keep the faith because she WILL come home!  Be there for your miracle but also take care of yourself. As the doctor and nurses told me if I didn't take care of myself then I wouldn't be able to be all I need to be for my baby! We will have you  and Shea in our thoughts and prayers. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"