Adoption
Options

Don't know if I should cry or laugh

Just spoke to my BFF for her 44th birthday today.  She knows we are about two weeks away from becoming parents.  With her third child she told me she was pregnant while I was going through a M/C.  It  was sad because our kids would have been 6 weeks apart.  Today for her birthday she told me she is now pregnant with #4.  Not planned, but knowing what I have been going through to become a parent she still sees it as a blessing.  Psyched we will have kids around the same age, but OMG, a bit frustrated and at the same time laughing that she will now have 4 kids ranging in age from 12 - newborn.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

Re: Don't know if I should cry or laugh

• Options
    Oh honey. I'm sorry. I know you are happy for her, but it is tough when fertiles get knocked up so easily. ::hugs:: Hopefully, it will get a little easier when you have your little one in your arms!
  • Options
    I guess on the bright side your kids can play together someday ...  I know what you mean though, it's so darn easy for some people.  I would probably be both laughing and crying at this point.  (( Hugs )) 2 weeks to go, you're getting close!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I would just love to take all the fertile-ness in the world and redistribute it. It seems there are so many surprise or unplanned pregnancies and so many infertiles like us; I mean, I don't think I should be God or anything but I would re-organize the fertility system if I were him because it seems a little lopsided.  ;-)

Just kidding of course.  I would be laughing and crying if I were you.  ((hugs))  Hope the crying feelings soon give way to just laughter and you can enjoy raising your little ones together! 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Options
    Just hugs, sweetie.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.