Maine Babies
Options

Flu Shot?

I've never had one before, but Mr. Laustique is insistent that I get one now that we have Willem.  And I do see the value in it, especially since we live on a campus.  Prolly ask the dr to stick it to me on Monday.

But I am still wondering: will you be getting a flu shot this year? 

Re: Flu Shot?

• Options
    Yes, I got one 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    I've never gotten one before (and I work in a school with germy kids) but this year my doctor really recommended that I and DH get one because DD is not old enough to get one.  So I did.  DH is getting one this coming week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shoot! I should probably get one. Do you have to go to the Dr to get one or can you get them other places?
  • Options
    We got ours @ DS's first appt.  I get one every year (I didn't have a choice when I was in the Army and I work in healthcare) but this year I knew that it was especially important since we have DS @ home now.  I even got DH to get one & he never goes to the Dr, takes meds or anything like that.
  • Options
    I got one at 36 weeks pg and DH got his yesterday.  Last year only I got the shot and we both got the flu.  I was over it in 3 days.  It took him over a week to feel human again.  I really think it was because of the shot.
  • Options
    We both did.  We had never gotten it before last year when I was pg and got it this year because dd is too young to get it. 
    Janine image image image
  • Options

Yes!  Get it!

It is not possible to get the flu from the flu shot, that's a huge myth.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just got mine yesterday!  DH got his last week and both of the kids are getting one on Monday.
  • Options
    I should clarify!  We didn't get the flu from the shot!  We got the flu later in the season, but it was much milder for me than it was for DH. 
  • Options
    I need to go get mine.  Anyone living with an infant is supposed to get one.  DH already had his, now it's my turn!
  • Options
    No, because the one time I got one, I got the flu! I hadn't really thought about it for this year, though, with Aidan...hmmmm.....
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Options
    Yes, both the pedi and ob recommended DH and I both get one because DD is too young to get one. 
  • Options
    I will, I would never be able to take care of DS if I got the flu and DH couldnt take that much time off of work
  • Options
    we both got it last weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"