C-sections

FMLA

I'm confused re: post below and # weeks disability after a c-section. I may have to have one this time (after 2 vaginal births) b/c LO is still breech. If this happens, do I need to modify my FMLA paperwork in some way to get more than 6 weeks paid time?? 

I get 6 weeks pd via STD & sick time, and 6 weeks unpaid. Is this different if I have a c-section?? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: FMLA

• FMLA and disability are different. Most doctors will approve 8 weeks of STD for a c-section. My doctor took care of all the paperwork for me. In your situation, you would then get 8 weeks paid thru STD, then whatever sick time and unpaid time round out the 12 weeks FMLA protects.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FMLA just entitles eligible employees of covered employers to 12 weeks of unpaid leave.  You will need to look at your specific STD policy to see what is allowed for a c-section.  Many policies will pay for 8 weeks for a c-section.

My employer doesn't offer STD, but I had accumulated enough sick leave to get paid for the full 12 weeks allowed under FMLA.

• Loading the player...
  • I get 8 weeks of STD for a C-section paid at 100%.  After the 8 weeks ( because I went out two weeks early due to having twins) the last two weeks will be at 70%.
  • FMLA is a total of 12 weeks leave. During this time disability can either cover you from 40% TO 60% of your salary depending on what is worked out through your employer. Depending on if you have a c-section or not coverage will be 6 to 8 weeks.

NOt sure who covers your disability but hear is the info for Cigna. Also check with your HR. I was told get the process started early so that there isnt a lag with the check.

www.mycigna.com

1-800-36-cigna

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"