Blended Families

What can we do?

BM will make up lies over the phone or text so my husband decided the best way to communicate with her is over email. Well she knows this and has even said "you just does this so you can take it to court." Now she has said that she will only speak to him over text or phone and if he emails her again she will consider it harassment. What can he do to protect himself?
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

Re: What can we do?

• check your state laws first, but we record every single conversation with BM just in case.  Our state laws allow it to be heard in court.  We do not text.  If you have to text I suggest talking pictures of the texts and save them to your computer.  I would seriously keep record of every single convo, text, email because she can always lie and you will be able to show record of everything and not have to worry about any possible lies.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would text and take a screen shot of the conversation. Email that to yourself and print.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Ditto taking screen shots.
  • No advice really, but congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Quite simply, don't answer the phone when she calls.  Force her to leave a voicemail saying what she wants or send a text.  Continue to only email and text her.  Make sure your husband very clearly states that due to previous miscommunications and disputes he will only discuss issues regarding the child in writing, i.e. texts or emails.  She can't claim harassment if the emails your husband sends only relate to the child.  Nice try BM, but no.  Check with any lawyer or Judge and they will all say that written communication is the best way to address issues because it protects both parties.

I think BM's statement that DH only wants it in writing so he can use it in Court is very telling.  She's obviously very aware of the childish game she's playing and doesn't want to get caught in her manipulations.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• imagefellesferie:
    No advice really, but congrats on your pregnancy. :)

Thank you!

• Ask your lawyer about appointing a PC (parent coordinator).  Explain that she is unwilling to communicate in writing and he is unwilling to communicate verbally because there can't be a record.

If that's not a reasonable option I think texts are your best bet.  Screen shots are just as valid as e-mails, maybe more so, because they can't be tampered with as easily.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Your H can spin it the other way..tell her he will only speak to her thru emai, and will consider her phone calls as harrassment. After that, do not acknowledge any of her texts or calls untill she lears that email is the only way to get thru to him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"