3rd Trimester
Options

Labor - When Are You Calling People?

2»

Re: Labor - When Are You Calling People?

• Options
    Well, I will be calling my Mom ASAP, b/c she needs to come to our house to watch our other two children.  We will call the in-laws probably once we get to the hospital, but they live about three hours away, so no rush there.  They are coming to help out for a feww weeks, but not rush in arriving for labour or anything.  We will let our family know once baby arrives.  Friends probably the same day or once we're in recovery and we have a few moments. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was induced with DD. MIL was in the waiting room, Mom was OOT on business.

With the boys no one but my ILs knew until they were born.  

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I don't plan on calling anyone until after a few hours have passed after delivery. 

I just want it to be DH and me, and new baby :)

This is my family, and I won't have inlaws or anyone else stressing me out.

If feelings get hurt, oh well, grow up :)

• Options
    All depends on the situation. I have gestational diabetes and won't know if it's a planned delivery or if they let me go into labor on my own. I guess either way, I will be letting my family know the plan or what is going on at the time. I have a large family on both my (4 siblings) and DH's (4 siblings) with many nieces and nephews that are understanding of privacy and quiet time.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagelivelaughlove9:
    I'm not letting people know until after the baby is born and we spend a few hours together. I know I will have a bunch of people trying to come visit us and i'd rather not have them come right away.

This!

I know if we tell my parents during labor, my mom and grandma (who will be flying in Dec 18th and staying until the end of Jan) will drive us (and my poor father) crazy, wanting constant updates and making general pests of themselves.  I know they're excited and they mean well, but I just don't feel it's something I need during labor.  Plus, DH and I feel that labor is a very private personal matter and that we're the only ones who need to be there for it; we don't need an audience.  Family and friends will be alerted after the baby has arrived and we've had time to spend together as a new family of three.

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I don't plan to announce my labor to anyone except my husband who might need to come home from work early.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"