September 2012 Moms
Options

iPhone in toilet

yup. I dropped it late last night, luckily without anything in the toilet other than water. I've been letting the phone hang out in a bowl of rice hoping it might draw out any liquid that might have seeped in. It stayed on once I snatched it out, but I turned it off right away as to not fry the circuits.

I'm going through major IG and Bump withdraw...especially since UO was today!!  

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
Little Sprout Blog

Re: iPhone in toilet

• Options

I know it's tempting, but don't try turning it on for 48 hours! I dropped my last iPhone in the toilet and let it sit in rice in a ziploc for the full 48 hours and it worked perfectly for two more years! GL! :)

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Good luck! DD1 put my iphone in the cat's water bowl over a year ago and it still is going strong! It even has a new bonus feature where the light on the flash stays on all the time (luckily it stays on pretty dim). It makes it easy to find in my diaper bag or on my night stand in the dark!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good to know our iPhones are durable!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJulesDiane:
    Good luck! DD1 put my iphone in the cat's water bowl over a year ago and it still is going strong! It even has a new bonus feature where the light on the flash stays on all the time (luckily it stays on pretty dim). It makes it easy to find in my diaper bag or on my night stand in the dark!

Gosh, this made me really giggle.

*E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    For future reference, dip it in alcohol after you get it out of water. It will evaporate all the water and leave it dry. (It has to be really strong alcohol like rubbing alcohol, not anything too drinkable. Although vodka works too) Works for me every time. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"