Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

She went potty

DD went potty in her potty Sunday afternoon, I had to bribe her but it worked. However, I can't get her to sit on her potty since then, Idk what to do? Help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: She went potty

• Options

yay! :)

yeah, mine was doing great there for a while and now she's back to refusing to go. i refuse to turn it into a big production and have to believe it'll happen when she's ready...

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have tried everything with DD1 to get her to potty train. I was beginning to lose hope that she would EVER be "ready". Our pedi said that it is really important not to push it. That it can create an aversion that is ten times harder to undo. The parent educator (degrees in early ed and parent educating) at my parents group said the same thing. So we decided to just be very laid back about it. We kept talking about that big kids use the potty. We left her potty chairs in the bathroom. Every once in awhile we would ask if she wanted to go, but no pressure if she said no. What finally did it for her is telling her that she can't go to "big girl school" (regular preschool) until she learned. Literally one day she said yes to sitting on the potty. Had a success and has never turned back. We are going on two weeks with only about 1 a day accidents (mostly at nap time). She is wearing underwear while awake, a pull-up at nap, and a regular diaper at night.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am in the same boat. I can't get her to go consistently. I figure it is a process and am trying to be patient.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"