C-sections

Pain at spinal location

I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and if I bend my back too far back or touch the area where i was given my spinal it hurts pretty bad. Not unbearable but definitely painful. Is this normal? Will it go away?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pain at spinal location

• Hopefully your experience won't be as bad as mine.  But just getting the epidural was awful, and I cried through the whole thing.  For months after I could tell you exactly where the needle had been put into my back.  I'd say it was between 4 and 6 months post c-section that it stopped bothering me on an almost daily basis.  Now almost 2 1/2 years later if I do too much strenuous stuff I'll get an ache in the middle of my back at the site.

To answer your question, it isn't unheard of as other family members have had a similar ache (nothing as bad as mine).  Mostly bad weather or strenuous activity flairs it up.  Hopefully it gets better for you. 

This is the reason I'm dreading my 2nd delivery.  

• I'm 4.5 months pp and I still get that pain! It's so weird! My doctor said it's totally normal and that many years later she still feels hers from time to time! I guess it's just one of those things!
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • Well, that's not what I was hoping to hear! Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had pain periodically for about a year. It wasn't constant. It is normal. Now if it continues to be very painful or is interfering with your day to day life, then I'd have it checked out.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm 9.5 weeks pp, and I have daily pain at and around my injection site. During the actual epidural, I didn't feel a thing and I was totally fine. The pain didn't really start until about 2 weeks after I got home from the hospital. I've heard of others having this same pain, and I've heard it can possibly last for years. My sister is 6 months pp, and she never experienced this pain. I guess it just depends on the person. I can say that after they gave me the epidural (and, I don't remember any of this because I apparently blacked out) my blood pressure and heart rate bottomed out, and they had to give me a shot of epinephrine to "wake me back up". I'm pretty sure that particular little complication didn't help this pain situation. The best cure I've found is having my husband massage that exact spot, or resorting to the pain meds they sent me home with if absolutely necessary.
    *Jesus came to us, so we could go to Him.* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"