International Bumpies
Options

What does DC call you?

I'm ordering stockings for all of us for xmas with our names on them and dh said I have to get Mum cause we live in Australia - I said no! I don't like Mum, I want to be called Mom. Granted right now she says Mama, but I don't want to put that on a stocking :)

do you have a preference?

Re: What does DC call you?

• Options
    Mommy when speaking in English or she refers to me as "la mamma" when speaking to someone else in Italian.

Occasionally she calls me just mom but it makes me feel like she's getting old.
  • Options
    At the moment everyone is Mama.In theory I'll be a Mum or Mummy because I'm English but you never know as we live in Lux and DH is a local.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Right now I'm Mama, which is ok for this phase because she's not saying long e's yet, so Mommy isn't happening.

In theory, I'd prefer to be Mom/Mommy than Mama but we'll see if that pans out. 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    At the moment we are transitioning from Mama to Mommy which is odd here in Ireland and will prob morph into Mammy or Mummy. Funnily, dada is morphing into Doddy!
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options

I want to be a Mum as I am Australian.

Not sure if that is what I will get - we will see.  Perhaps she will take on the French Maman????

• Options

Mummy - we're in the UK.

I was thinking about this myself. Is it weird that I just want to keep using my stocking with my first name on it?

Seems way too grown up for me to have a stocking with Mum on it. Sad

• Options

He doesnt call me anything at the moment. He says dada all the time, but everytime we ask for "mama" he just says dada Big Smile It?s very cute and I really don?t mind.

As we are of English origin Im guessing we will be daddy and mummy, although I quite like mami and papi - I tease DH saying  we will call him Papi Chulo Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebandwife:

Mummy - we're in the UK.

I was thinking about this myself. Is it weird that I just want to keep using my stocking with my first name on it?

Seems way too grown up for me to have a stocking with Mum on it. Sad

TBH I would keep first names on the stockings. I think it's also important that kids know our real names. I want my daughter to be able to tell a police man what her parents' names are if she ever needs help. 
  • Options
    DS calls me Mama or sometimes just Ma.  I always refer to myself to him as Mommy but everyone else says Mummy so we will just see what he picks up as he gets older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would have first names on stockings.

BUT, I'm Mummy - or school calls me Mammy (which sounds like Mommy).

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    I am mummy, sometimes mommy. This is slowly just becoming mum. I am dreading the day I become Mother.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

yea I don't want to do first names - other than for her aunty as it's all really for dd's benefit anyway

I think I'll just order Mama & Dada

if that changes as she gets older we can always get new ones, but that's what she knows us as now - she actually learnt the letter M and D because she knows us as those names :)

• Options
    Right now, I am Mama...although I do not think DD really understands this! I would like to be mommy and later on mom.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"