Maryland Babies

Intro and Quick Question (Parkville/Towson)

Hi! My name is Elizabeth and my husband and I just welcomed our first baby in September, Wyatt Emerson! We just moved to the Parkville/Towson area from Annapolis and I was wondering if anyone can make any suggestions for fun places to take our LO (parks/playgrounds/play groups, etc.) during the winter months so he can get some outdoor stimulation and my DH and I can meet other parents! We are relatively young parents (both 25) and the first in both of our families to have a baby; so, unfortunately, our LO doesn't have any babies to interact with that are his own age. I'm also a stay-at-home mom and would love some recommendations on things to do at home for playtime as well! Basically, what do you and your two-month old enjoy doing? Thanks so much!

I Don't Always Drink Beer.... But When I Do, I Prefer Dos Boobies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and Quick Question (Parkville/Towson)

• Welcome!!

My kids are older but when my son was 2 months old(he's a September baby as well), we stayed home a lot and it bored me to tears after a while. I joined a mom's group shortly after my daughter was born and wish I had joined when B was a baby. The group is great. There are a lot of moms whose kids are between 2-5 months old. Unfortunately, I think we're too far for you to join us as it is a Howard County group. Not sure if you'd want to make the drive.  

He may be too young right now but another thing is library classes. They offer ones for parents and babies and they're so fun. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations and welcome!

You may want to check out  https://www.baltimoremommies.com/

Also, check out your local library. They normally have times to take your LO. 

• Loading the player...
  • Storyville at the Rosedale Library is really great and free!  Your LO is a little young yet (although, they do have an area just for non-walking infants).   As he gets older though, he will love to pretend to shop in the store, play in the theater, etc.

Just something to keep in mind.  They are open on weekends too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you so much for the advice ladies! Wyatt and I appreciate the help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with Storyville. Also a big fan of the kids area in the Barnes and Noble in White Marsh. We love Music Together classes with ItsGroovyBaby, you could start that now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"