December 2011 Moms
Options

Travel inspiration

buy a portable single burner to use for making hot/fresh meals for little one in nonsuite hotel rooms.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Travel inspiration

• Options
    This seems like a lot of work.  We've done our share of traveling in the last six months, and we did just fine with giving E parts of foods we ordered from restaurants, room service, or things we brought with us from home. 
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It will certainly be work but at the end of the day I feel better knowing that there are healthy choices that A is familiar with for bedtime and for first thing in the morning. She has an egg before bed. I just cannot see paying room service prices. For the $19 I think I'll be happy. We'll see. We are headed to Calgary and the mountains for a few days. Worst case, the burner ends up in our camping supplies :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCountingUp:

It will certainly be work but at the end of the day I feel better knowing that there are healthy choices that A is familiar with for bedtime and for first thing in the morning. She has an egg before bed. I just cannot see paying room service prices. For the $19 I think I'll be happy. We'll see. We are headed to Calgary and the mountains for a few days. Worst case, the burner ends up in our camping supplies :)

There are plenty of healthy choices at restaurants and room service.  Although prices might be high, that is a factor I take into consideration when traveling.  I didn't realize your LO had the same thing every night before bed.  E has a little more diversity and flexibility with what he eats, so it is easy for us to find something for dinner.  Usually when traveling, our go to is a grilled chicken salad.  He will eat the chicken, cucumbers and other veggies, that come with it.

laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

The egg routine is fairly new. It was making a difference to fill her right up 45 min before bed.

Her main meals will be at the restaurants though. Or provided by "the company" as we are on a work related trip.

p,s a confession

-we bring our own coffee maker so we don't have to use hotel ones.

p.p.s Thanks for the room service suggestion. I hadn't fully considered it but I just looked at the Children's menu (something I've never done). There are a few good options.

Children?s Menu Available from 11:00 a.m. until Midnight * Cheese Quesadilla Sour Cream and Fruit Salad $8.00 Crunchy ChickenFingers French Fries, Plum Honey Dip, Carrot Sticks $9.00 Junior Burger Fresh Ground Beef Pattie in Pan Gravy, Cheddar Cheese on Soft Ciabatta Bun, Choice of French Fries or Fruit Salad $9.00 * Small Flatbread Pizza Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella $9.00 Choose your Toppings: Pepperoni, Ham, Pineapple, Mushroom, Mango $1.00 each * Organic Macaroni Pasta Topped with Plum Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella $10.00 Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich Served with Cucumber, Carrots and Ranch Dip $8.00 Children?s Sides * Crudit?and Dip, Fresh Mixed GreensSalad, French Fries, Mashed Potato $3.00 each Children?s Desserts

FruitSalad Jello Ice Cream

$3.00 each A delivery charge of $3.00 will be applied. All prices subject to an 18% gratuity and G.S.T.
  • Options

LOL at the coffee maker! After working in hotels for a few years I can't say I blame you. Hotel stuff is kinda gross!

Does the egg before bed help your LO sleep longer? I am intrigued.

• Options
    imagekwinkle1980:

LOL at the coffee maker! After working in hotels for a few years I can't say I blame you. Hotel stuff is kinda gross!

Does the egg before bed help your LO sleep longer? I am intrigued.

It was making a difference and she stayed satisfied until 7 or 8a. I give her a protein + carb snack. The last few night have been rough - she's teething and needy.

• Options
    Nice hotel but salty food. In the end I think the 20 burner/extra work are worth it for us. A refused her favourite foods when they were "hotel cooked" . Little health nut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"