Maryland Babies
Options

Nynews

Just saw your response to my ear piercing post.  We still haven't done it yet, but we'll likely end up going to the mall. If I don't like what I see, I'll leave.  Which mall did you go to?  Does she pull at them at all?

I am having her baptism gown custom made using my mom's wedding dress, so I am not much help to you there.  I did order one from christeninggowns.com that was really pretty, but it didn't work for what we wanted to do to it.  There's a little shop in Village Square on Falls Road, the Pied Piper, and they had pretty gowns too.   Also, etsy has some great custom made options that I didn't think were too expensive for the quality you get.

Good luck with her gown!

Re: Nynews

• Options

Kev so sorry for such a late response! I usually got on here much more regularly and did a double take when I saw my name here..I was like, "oh that's me!" I don't think I've ever been "paged" before as a knottie or a nestie or a bumpie---it's the little things.  

Did you get it done???? And I did exact same thing I was all like I'm going but if there's one ounce of me that gets a weird feeling or the lady about to put a hole in my baby's ear doesn't humor me or try to at least hide her eyes rolling as I ask her a thousand times how  many times she's done this-I'm out. And it was all good.

After I responded to your post, I noticed her touching her ears a few times and I was like great my daughter's already making a liar out of me after I told you that it was no big deal.  But I kept a close eye on her and she didn't really continue touching her ears--so it hasn't been a problem. I ended up going to Arundel Mills-I believe it was Piercing Pagoda.

And thanks for the info on the baptism gown. I think it's so sweet you are making it out of your mom's dress. I love that idea and would love to see how it turns out. I may ask you for a recommendation later on. I'm still trying to get over a real bad experience of getting my bridesmaids dresses made-it was horrible and I'm mentally trying to push it out of my mind now.

Good luck keep me posted!

scrunched up face
  • Options

I chickened out on having them done here.  I'm going home to Massachusetts for the holidays and my friend who is a doctor there is putting me in touch with the nurse who did her daughter's ears.  I'm hoping she will be ok with it.  She has never touched her ears yet, so I hope a couple more weeks won't make a difference.

I'll definitely let you know how the dress turns out. This is who I used for my flower girl dress, and it was beautiful.  I am confident the christening gown will be beautiful too. https://www.maggieheirlooms.com/default.htm

The other two people I was considered are on etsy: embroideredheirlooms and dbinkieoriginals.  I wanted something simple but elegant in dupioni silk, and those two shops had some beautiful designs.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    doh! I totally understand-going to doc office is def ideal. good luck and thanks so so much for the baptism gown links. they look amazing!
    scrunched up face
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"