Pre-School and Daycare

DS is complaining that his bum hurts.

On Thursday DS told me that his bum hurts. When I asked why he said that he "bonks on his bum too much" - so I assumed that it was from playing and him jumping and landing on his bum; maybe at gymnastics. For the most part I brushed it off because DS didn't seem too phased by it.

Yesterday he was saying it again. At bath time when he was naked I asked him where it hurt. I touched his bum cheek and asked if that was what hurt. He said no and pointed to his anus. I checked everything and it didn't look like there was anything unusual going on. I asked if it hurt when he pooped and he said no. He did say that it hurt in the bath and felt hot.

any ideas on what could be bothering him? I'm not going to mention it today and see if he brings it up again.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS is complaining that his bum hurts.

• My kids complain about that occasionally, but it's usually just because they have to poop.

• Mine says his hurts when he's a little constipated.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Always a red flag for sexual abuse. It is probably nothing but constipation or that he hurt himself when going poop. Good luck and I hope that he feels better. If he continues to complain I would take him to the pediatrician.

ETA: I used to work with abused children that is why I mentioned the abuse. Did not mean to freak you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"