Parenting after 35

Bicycle / Tricycle question - 3 yo Xmas present

Our DS turns 3 a few days before Xmas so he'll be a 'new' 3 year old :)

And he's just a little the shorter side ... 30th to 40th percentile for his age.

We want to get him a 'bike' he can grow into. He can't (or won't) pedel yet. He goes much faster by pushing w/ his feet so that's what he does :) his favorite is the trike @ daycare but it's not the type you just find in the store ... Its like an industrial trike w/ no brand name on it.

Anywho! We tried the balance bike thing ... Not ready.

Tried smallest bike w/ training wheels ... Not ready.

So, any of you mommies have an idea for a trike that he could still reach the ground to push (pedals won't smack him in the shin) and possible has a handle for mommy to control on the way to the park? I have found a few brands but am searching online and can't really try them out. 

Ps I have gone to a few local stores and have not been able to find what I'm looking for to actually let him try it first ... So frustrating.  

Thank you!! 

Re: Bicycle / Tricycle question - 3 yo Xmas present

• PPS anyone have a Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll and like it?
  • Plasma car. My girls all have one. S got one for her birthday and loves it, she's no good on anything yet. She has a radio flyer trike, but prefers the plasma car (she's been stealing her sister's cars all summer). And when your ds is in bed, you can have a turn, they are addictive!
  • Loading the player...
  • I will check that out! I've seen those and never tought of that.

Thanks! 

• We have the Schwinn roadsters and I love them! No handle to help push if that is important to you but my dd is shorter also and finally figured out pedaling it a month or so after turning 3 , my Ds a few months before three and they both love riding them. Low to the ground so less tip over issues too although if they turn too fast it will still tip but not far to go down... Plus they're pretty cool looking ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"