VBAC

When did you start trying to conceive after c-section?

I am 34, just had first child via c-section at 42weeks,2days after 40 hours of induced labor. My son was face up, and wouldn't descend even after me powere pushing for 4 hours. He was 9lb, 5oz.... both my husband andI were 9+lbs for our mothers, we both were born past-due, and both were our mom's first children. I am athletic and back to where I left off running prior to getting KU... actually ran until 37 weeks. 

We would lke to have three children,  and I am concerned that it will be hard to get pregnant again, based on what I've been reading.  I did get KU the first cycle off of birth control with this first child though. 

I want to try for a vaginal delivery the next time for a VBAC and have the go-ahead from my OB based on  "great equipment"   <her words :)

I have heard of placenta getting attached at the scar site causing problems, ruptured uterus, etc... and it kinda freaks me out. 

Opinions wanted, TIA. :)

"There is more to us than we know. Perhaps, if we are made to see it just once, for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you start trying to conceive after c-section?

• The general recommendation for having a VBAC is 18 months between births, but there are women on here who've had VBACs sooner then that.

Here are some links I like about VBAC: https://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ClickedLink=293&ck=10212&area=27

https://vbacfacts.com/2009/01/15/im-pregnant-and-want-a-vbac-what-do-i-do/

When you are ready to conceive again, I would probably pin down your OB to make sure she really will support you if you choose VBAC - how many she does, if she has any constraints (having to go into labor by x weeks, if she'll induce, stuff like that).

Congrats on the new baby! My first birth was very similar - lots of pushing, DS1 was OP and wouldn't come out. I had a successful VBAC with my second. 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Like the PP said its definitely something to talk with your OBGYN about.  Mine doesn't have the 18 month rule but strongly advised me to wait 6 months before concieving.  DD was 8.5 months when I got pregnant.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • I got pregnant with my second when DS was 18 months old.  But that is the distance we wanted between children.  My provider did not give me a limit to when I could start TTC.  You should ask what your office advises if you plan on staying with them for the VBAC.  I think for pregnancy in general you should wait at least 6 months for your body to heal.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • My OB said the standard wait is recommended, but I could start trying whenever.... I just don't want to wait too long and then not be able to conceive or increase risk by being older.
    "There is more to us than we know. Perhaps, if we are made to see it just once, for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got pregnant with LO when DD was 9 months old.  So, DD will be 17 months when LO is born.  I have had my share of complications with this pregnancy.  At first I was diagnosed with marginal previa.  Then at my next ultra sound I was diagnosed with accreeta and told I would have the baby at 34 weeks.  I just went in for my last ultra sound last week and they cleared me of both!   So I am able to try for my VBAC!  My midwife didn't say it was because we got pregnant before the 18 month mark, but she did say that this stuff does happen with previous csection scars.  I hope this doesn't worry you, but I am extremely happy that everything is working out.  I would talk with your Dr about getting pregnant again.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We started TTC for Kirstin (#2) Once Makkie was 3. We got pregnant that month.

For this baby TTC 1 month before Kirstin turrned 2.

imageimage    
    imageimage
  • We wanted an 18-24 month gap and hoped on the smaller side. I never went back on BC though so I ended up pregnant due in April (17 month gap) and miscarried (was actually a blighted ovum) so we decided to actually start trying... I got pregnant again immediately so we will have an 18 month gap between DD2 and this LO. Our oldest 2 are 23 months apart. Both girls were born via CS.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was told I could get pregnant whenever I wanted after my 5 week pp visit. I have been able to get pregnant very easily since. I may have had a cp when dd was 10 weeks old may have been faulty blue line test. Then we started trying when dd was 7 months old, I got pregnant right away. I did lose the baby at 14 weeks, but it was a genetic issue. This pregnancy took about 3 cycles.

I of course haven't had a chance to vbac yet, but my doctor has never shown concern about my possible birth intervals. Dd and ds will be about 22 months apart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"