Pre-School and Daycare

Converting out of toddler bed

Whwn are you planning to convert out of the toddler bed? DD often asks for a bigger bed and DH tends to think that she's outgrown her toddler bed. She is tall, but her feet don't even come close to reaching the bottom, but I guess DH thinks it has to do with the width. DH thinks we should convert to the crib to the double size for one of her Christmas gifts since she asks for it so often. It just seems so big for her! Thoughts?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Converting out of toddler bed

• We plan to convert to a twin for her 4th birthday. DD bedroom is too small for a double bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS has never been in a toddler bed.  He's in a full.  DD is 2.5 and she is also in a full.  They both have the same bed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ds went straight to a twin bed at 26 months and DD will do the same. There were no problems. Neither room is big enough for a double.
  • DS has been in his double size bed since before he was 2.5 years old. It seems huge but every once in a while when he's all sprawled out he looks so big! It's crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My girls went to twin beds a couple months before turning 4. Being twin girls they have always shared a room and we just don't have the space for 2 double beds. They have plenty of room in their twin beds. I had a twin bed growing up and it was plenty big enough for me.
  • My DD is the same age as yours and I'm thinking about getting her a twin size bed soon. The girls share a fairly small room - and they may even end up sharing with the baby if we don't find a house soon - so I really can't do a full size bed. But even if I had the room, I think I would stick to twin for now.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We went straight from crib to full size bed at age 2. It worked out perfect for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"