C-sections

Hot bath

I had my c-section 2 weeks and 2 days ago and I desperately want to take a hot bath.  Is is safe to do it now?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image

Re: Hot bath

• I was told to wait 4-6 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sadly, I can't take baths :( I get awful UTI's from them!!! waaaaah Crying
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with pp. My doc suggested waiting 6 weeks. 

Plus I am lucky enough to be having a really smooth recovery, but I still can't imagine getting in and out of our tub right now. It just seems like it would be much more hassle than it would be worth.

Doesn't mean I'm not counting down the days until my first nice steaming hot bath in a month though! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What does your Dr say? When DS2 was less than 2 days old he got pneumonia and extended our stay by 5 days. I was 7 days PP when my OB stopped by, saw how stressed I was and ran a bath for me. Staples were out and sterie strips were on.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageCougFan:
    What does your Dr say? When DS2 was less than 2 days old he got pneumonia and extended our stay by 5 days. I was 7 days PP when my OB stopped by, saw how stressed I was and ran a bath for me. Staples were out and sterie strips were on.

This was the case for me, too. I was advised to take a hot bath to help get my steri strips off. I was about 2 weeks postpartum. I would call, but not stress about having one!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I was told at 5 days I could take a bath.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Not sure what the doctor is going to say but I plan on asking at my appointment this monday.  Thanks for the guidance though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • My doctor told me to do this 3 days pp. She told me it would feel good on my incision and wouldn't hurt anything .
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I was told 3wks, but I had a hemorrhoid so he said that if it got too bad I could so a stitz bath with some epsom salt but nothing near the incision for 3wks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I haven't had my c section yet but my dr said 48 hours at most, and don't sit in dirty water.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"