Infertility Veterans
Options

Desogen experiences?

First let me say, I am normally not a complainer and have never had issues with BCPs but I swear I have gained weight after only 3 days on Desogen!  I can barely close my pants!  I have been making a concerted effort to be positive and get myself into a good head space for our upcoming DE cycle but looking like I have accumulated a middle age spread over night is really hindering my progress!  No medication has ever caused me to blimp out like this!  I just feel like a gross fat blob... And as I am only entering day 4 of this lovely pill, I gather that this is just the beginning?!

... glueck... You now have a partner in misery, however your prednisone sounds much worse :(   Too bad you weren?t closer and we could feel fat together!!! (((Hugs)))

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI #2 = BFP; early loss

IVF/ICSI #3 (DE) = BFP; early loss

FET = BFN

IVF/ICSI #4 (DE w/ CCS) = BFP

Beta #1 @ 10dp6dt = 265; Beta #2 @ 14dp6dt = 1251. 

1st U/S @ 6w2d showed one perfect little heartbeat! 

2nd U/S @ 7w2d. HB 132 & everything measuring on track.

Our beautiful little girl arrived January 2015!

Re: Desogen experiences?

• Options

I feel you, Sophistikitty. I just got home from being away from home for a month for work. I felt so embarrassed to come home to my husband. When I left, I was his normal lovely wife, and now that I have returned, I am surprised he can recognize me at all. 

i hope it the extreme effects slow down for you. Yet another glorious side effect of this craziness! Hang in there 

imageimage

TTC#1 since October 2010

"The jump is so frightening between where I am and where I want to be...because of all I may become I will close my eyes and leap." Mary Anne Radmacher

Me:35, 5 major abdominal surgeries for Ulcerative colitis, failed j pouch, perm. Ileostomy DX-DOR & Tubal abnormalities/Extensive Adhesions from earlier surgeries.latest fsh -26 :(

IVF 1- March 2012 Antagonist Protocol; BCP until March 3; AFC this cycle is 10 (Hooray); Start stims on March 9; ER on March 19- 2R; 2T (1 perfect 8 cell, 1 scrappy 3 cell); tubal infection from ER-hospitalized. Doomed! BFN

Essure Procedure to treat bilateral hydrosalpinx; June 2012, wait 3 months for confirmation test.

IVF2 (Egg Banking)-letrozole/antagonist cycle; June/July 2012 225iu merional + cetrotide; slow responder, Ovulated before ER. Unbelievable. Canceled remaining cycles with my eggs

DE IVF in Brno, Czech. Approx. ET on Oct 6 CANCELLED-Essure didn't close both tubes-test again in 3 months

IVF3-DE IVF ET on Dec 9, 2012 (decided to roll the dice no matter what!)

2 perfect HB transferred; 8dp5dt beta:36; 10dp5dt beta 15; chemical pregnancy.

Turning our hearts toward adoption

DH:36, SA-perfect

Married since July 11, 2009

Fur baby Cairn Terrier

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

• Options

Indifferent Desogen.

IVF1 and 2, I was on generic, whatever the pharmacy had on hand BCP.

IVF3 : New RE / New clinic > Insisted on Desogen.

My personal experience : headaches, major bloating, mood swings and yeah.. I gained weight 4lbs.  Oh, and crazy dreams. I'm not a fan of BCP's, but this was like the devil in a pill.

After that, I started the prednisone...yeah.. gross fat blob. I woke my husband twice looking for Giant purple spiders....

I'm not a fan of either, but this has so far been our most successful cycle yet! So, was it the Desogen, steroid? MDLF protocol? Who know's...

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you ladies for making me feel less alone!  

Bakermonhds... About the dreams... Last night I had a crazy dream that I was trying to escape from a multi-story parking lot where massive bulldozers were crashing through the ceiling and the night before I dreamt our neighbor?s son was a vampire and was trying to claw me to death with long devil nails!  My husband thinks the morning recaps of my recent dreams are hilarious... Not so hilarious though when you're living it!

FX crossed that your beautiful little embie is the magic one!

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

FET = BFN

• Options
    I was on the generic of desogen(April) for DE 1. I was also doing Weight Watchers but I still managed to lose weight while on the pill.  If you are really careful you can do it so try to resist cravings if you think the pill is making you eat more. Even though my DE cycle was a disaster, I lost 11 lbs during it which I am proud of. Now to just tackle the prior cycle's gain of  2.5 yrs, lol!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options

Hey Hun, I thought the name sounded familiar so i went back and checked what i was on and sure enough ... This is the pills they actually took me off because it raised my blood pressure to unbelievable high levels. I know I gained weight so I am just going to blame the pills ... lol

Wishing you much success in this cycle!

TTC 1/2010 DH Dx - Azoospermia 2/2011
    Hysteroscopy 3/2011 2 Polyps removed 4/2011
    DH on Clomid / Arimidex to address hormonal issues - Sperm found July 2011!
    IVF #1 September 2011 - ER 9/8/2011- 8R, 5M - icsi - 1 made it to transfer - BFFN :-(
    IVF #2 Lucky November 2011 - ER 11/25/2011 - 15 eggs!, 13 mature, 10 fertilized with isci - 7 made it to transfer! Transferred 1 - 8 cell and 2 - 7 cell. BFP!!!!
    1st U/S - Twins! 2nd U/S - 3 heartbeats!!! - HOLY COW!!!
    Prayers for our take home babies!
    2 babies born on 3/27/12 and lost. Last baby born on 3/29/12 and lost at 20 weeks.
    My angels grew wings shortly after birth.
    Ahava Raisel, Matisyahu Nissim & Zev Chaim - Mommy and Daddy will always love you.
    IVF #3 July 2012 - ER 7/17/2012 - 10 R. 5 F. 4 made it to ET
    Transferred 2 on 7/20/2012 no snow babies :-(
    Beta on 7/31/2012 = BFMFN
    A miracle gift expected to come to us through adoption around 9/2012
    Baby girl adopted - Birth Mother changed her mind and took the baby back
    IVF #4 October 2012 - New RE. Doing PGD Testing. 8 R, 7F, 2 made it to 5 day blast for PDG testing. Both Normal (Thank you G-d!!!) 1 boy and 1 girl
    transferred one beautiful 5day blast (girl)
    Please G-d the almighty one - let this be our take home baby!
    Beta #1 158, Beta #2 318, 1 Absolutely magnificent HB at 175! Thank you G-d!!!
    Baby Girl born August 5th. Thank you G-d for our precious miracle.
    AMA. PAIF & SAIF always welcome - I need all the prayers I can get!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.McIrish:
    I was on the generic of desogen(April) for DE 1. I was also doing Weight Watchers but I still managed to lose weight while on the pill.  If you are really careful you can do it so try to resist cravings if you think the pill is making you eat more. Even though my DE cycle was a disaster, I lost 11 lbs during it which I am proud of. Now to just tackle the prior cycle's gain of  2.5 yrs, lol!

Congratulation on the weight loss!  That is a huge feat to accomplish while cycling!

The pathetic part about my weight gain is that I am not eating any more than usual.  I am going to add an extra workout into the week and see if that helps.  I just hate that we are entering that lovely time of year when you tend to be face to face with those lovely family members who take pleasure in letting you know that you are not looking the greatest.  Oh well, at least I will be able to have a couple of glasses of wine this year!

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

FET = BFN

• Options
    imagePrettyAccountant:

Hey Hun, I thought the name sounded familiar so i went back and checked what i was on and sure enough ... This is the pills they actually took me off because it raised my blood pressure to unbelievable high levels. I know I gained weight so I am just going to blame the pills ... lol

Wishing you much success in this cycle!

Thank you so much!!! 

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

FET = BFN

• Options

I was on Reclipsen for my IVF cycle for 3 weeks. I think it's the same as Desogen, so forgive me if I'm wrong. I thought I'd have worse side effects than I did. I remember having a lot of hot flashes which got worse when I added in the lupron. But all in all, I was prepped for a MUCH worse BC experience than I actually got.

I read that sometimes the side effects decrease with time as your body adjusts so I hope that this is the case for you. I hope it gets better for ya!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"