December 2011 Moms
Options

DH, I thought he would get it

I thought that with DS2 DH would be better at this. He seems even less patient and remembers nothing from the first time around. He gets annoyed when he gets up in the night, he gets annoyed when he tries to escape from diaper changes, etc. Does he not remember from before.?!

So we started to wean off the night time feedings and were doing great with a few times of STTN, which was awesome. DS2 has always been a bad sleeper, and his reflux still acts up now and again, so empty tummy means acid and discomfort. We had done CIO before but then teething and a growth spurt threw us all off. Now DH wants to CIO again and my instinct tells me that DS2 is still very hungry in the night. He is in the 90s percentile wise for height and weight so he clearly is using the food for a good cause. I can let him CIO for like 30 mins but after that his little cries are for a bottle make me cave, and I go feed him like 6 oz and he sleeps again. Plus DS2 is stubborn with everything, including CIO, he can go for over an hour if we let it. Which I don't feel up to.

Am I being ridiculous and I should just go for the CIO again? Or is DH being impatient about this whole weaning process?

AND WTH I thought that doing this a second time would be easier! Turns out no.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH, I thought he would get it

• Options
    His body is used to eating during the night so he probably is legitimately hungry. However he does not need that feeding at this age. My suggestion would be to slowly ween him. For the next few nights give him 5 oz instead of 6. Then a few nights later down to 4 oz an so on. Eventually hopefully he'll stop waking up because it won't be worth it anymore. Good luck!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    I agree with PP.  I'm going through a similar situation as you, only I'm a SAHM so my DH doesn't complain because he never wakes up at night.  My DD was drinking 8 oz at night (waking up twice and eating 4oz each time), and then I got it down to 6oz at one wake up, then 4, and now 2.  Some nights she's still hungry after the 2oz, but she'll eventually go back to sleep without crying too much and then will take a bigger bottle in the morning.  I had a hard time getting her to eat more during the day, so I tried going up a nipple size for her bottles and that seemed to help, too.  All that said, she only drank about 15 oz today, so I've already prepared a 4 oz bottle for tonight.  :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure what to recommend but totally understand about DH getting annoyed etc. My DH is like that and it bums me out sometimes. He's actually reading a book right now on how to be more patient. As DS gets older and less fussy DH is enjoying DS more and more. We are only having one and a big part of me is relieved we don't have to go through the tough times again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"