December 2011 Moms
Options

I'm pretty sure we're done with the bottle.

Charlotte will be one next Saturday and I've been desperately trying to get her to take a sippy for four months now. She still won't but I'm pretty sure it's because she's holding out for a bottle. Well she didn't get one at all today. It was day two with no morning bottle and now she went to bed without one too. I'm not concerned about her nutrition but more about her hydration.

She will take water from a water bottle and milk or water from an open cup. Should I just continue to give her the sippy and hold out until she drinks it or let her have her way and use the open cup? I swear my kid thinks she's five or something. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
imageimageimage

Re: I'm pretty sure we're done with the bottle.

• Options
    Have you tried a straw cup? If that doesn't work I would just give her the open cup.  Its actually recommended for kids to not drink from a sippy 24/7 and to use an open cup at least part time.  The sippy bathes the teeth in sugar just like a bottle.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    My son hasn't ever taken a bottle, and despises his sippy cups (straw cups). He will drink from an open cup, but I have to hold it otherwise it ends up dumped out everywhere. I'm still trying to persuade him to use the straw cups though. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't help you at all because we don't seem to be anywhere close to being done with bottles, but I LOVE the collage of Charlotte's monthly photos! It's amazing how much they change in such a short time (well it seems awfully short).
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"