December 2011 Moms
Options

Pictures with Santa

Is anyone planning on taking their LOs to see Santa this year?  We are planning to go as soon as possible so he isn't sick yet!  Last year, DD was only a couple of days old before Christmas so we opted not to do the photos.  I'm looking forward to starting this tradition with her this year.  Anyone else?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pictures with Santa

• Options
    We will definitely take DD1. She's been talking about going to visit Santa since early October. I'm not sure about DD2. I think we'll take her with us and see how it goes. I'm not going to push it. If she seems upset, she doesn't have to sit on his lap or have her picture taken.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We took DD last year; she was probably 2 weeks or so when we went.
    (Maybe not the best parenting decision ever, but she never got sick from it.)

Because she didn't yet have a sleeping schedule and didn't know it was "past her bedtime," we went at like 7 o'clock at night, parked at the nearest door, went straight to Santa's lap, paid for our picture and immediately left.

Being a school night and after most children's (specifically those that believe in Santa) bedtime, there was no line and no waiting.

She slept through the picture.

I love our Santa.  We've known him many years; we used to take the dogs to see him too!  (I'm that kind of crazy...)  Santa was so good to them; one year he even got in the floor for the picture.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bass Pro Shop always does a free photo shoot thing with Santa so I think I am going to bring her by there this weekend!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options

A local nursery around here does a Santa day.  Last year it wasn't very busy and the Santa actually spent a lot of time with the kids.  Here's our photo from last year (LO was a month old).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We also never took M last year, we did take her to the Easter bunny though and those came out pretty cute!

I don't know if we'll take her this year or not, pictures are pricey and they don't allow you to take your own grrrr I think I would rather put that $$ toward gifts and decorations. Especially because she won't really understand what Santa is and god knows if she turns out to be like me she will scream bloody murder and be terrified of all dressed up characters for life! Maybe that's another reason I don't want to take her lol

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We took DS last Christmas. He was a week old. I think it's cute to see them grow up in the pictures. We'll go again this year too :-)

• Options
    I'm planning on taking DS this week, before it gets too crazy at the mall!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    We did not take her last year because she was only a couple days old by the time we left the hospital and I was in no shape to make a mall trip for pictures...this year I plan on taking her.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    absolutely!  I took her 2 days before Christmas last year at 3 weeks old too!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    We took him last year, he was about month old (Nov. baby) and he slept through it.  I don't think that will be the case this year....
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"