June 2011 Moms

CPW: Fruit Snacks

Do you give your toddler fruit snacks?  I'm on the fence because of the sugar.

[Poll]
Pinterest
My Blog- Life With a Toddler
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
My Ovulation Chart
PgAL/PAL Always Welcome

Re: CPW: Fruit Snacks

• I said no they are disgusting, but really it's no bc of the sugar. I LOVE them and often say I wish they came in a giant box like cereal so I didn't have to open four tiny packages :)

I did give her one on halloween! In general I still just don't see the point in the empty sugar. She's just as happy with other things that are a lot better for her.

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageCarlaAndJames:

I said no they are disgusting, but really it's no bc of the sugar. I LOVE them and often say I wish they came in a giant box like cereal so I didn't have to open four tiny packages :)

I did give her one on halloween! In general I still just don't see the point in the empty sugar. She's just as happy with other things that are a lot better for her.

I also love fruit snacks!  When I was pregnant, I always had some with me.  I haven't had any in the house since, but bought some yesterday.  I thought they might be a good diaper bag snack, but still haven't decided if I will give Caleb any.

Pinterest
    My Blog- Life With a Toddler
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 12/2/12 EDD 8/26/13; No heartbeat at 6w6d on 1/4/13; D&C 1/5/13
    My Ovulation Chart
    PgAL/PAL Always Welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • We give the organic (plums) "fruit snacks" - they aren't really fruit snacks but rather squished up fruit with no sugar. She loves them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • He has them sometimes at daycare, but it's not something I would buy for him at home.

Me, personally, I love fruit snacks! Okay now I want some...

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I  clicked no because we don't have them in the house but really it's just no because I don't let DS have 'chewy' things right now. I guess I'm scared of the choking hazard even though he eats literally EVERYTHING else. haha. 

I don't think fruit snacks are nasty - I love them myself and DD does too. Just like everything else, they are fine in moderation. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got DD some by the company Tasty. They just started carrying them at our Costco. They have no high fructose corn syrup and are made from all organic fruit juice and have 100 DV of vitamin C. She doesn't get them often just as a special treat but they are way better than gummy bears.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do organic fruit leather for when we're out.  She loves it and it's easy to keep in the diaper bag.
  • I refuse. I feel like that amount of sugar is really unnecessary. Maybe if it was a treat I would give her 2-3 but I haven't yet. I don't really like them.
  • I said no their disgusting, I don't think that though I just don't want to give stuff like that to lo until he asks for it. He doesn't know what a cookies or fruit snacks are and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible. 

Image and video hosting 
by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my eggo=preggo and I tend to give our LO fresh fruit as snacks and on occasion the Gerber fruit snacks that have a little sugar but not much.  We use to get the freeze dried finger fruit but not as much now.

• I adore Black Forest gummy bears... Yuuuuuuuummmmmmm.

C doesn't eat them, though. I'm not vehemently opposed to them or anything, but I think they're pretty pointless.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• I clicked yes all the time but we get the Gerber fruit juice chews. Not gonna lie I have never even looked at the sugar in them but just assumed they were healthier than regular ones. They are great diaper bag treats so I always have them on hand. I also like that they dissolve more so, so I don't worry about them sticking to her teeth or her choking on them.
  • I buy the organic real fruit strips from target.  There is no added sugar it's just fruit compote and apple juice basically.  She still only gets one like once or twice a week.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"