Maryland Babies
Options

Mom's of girls

When did you first get your DD's hair cut?

I'm torn with cutting DD's hair. She has the beginnings of curls and I don't want them to never come back, but she needs a trim in front. My mom keeps saying that cutting her hair will make it grow faster, but I'm not sure I believe her.  My hair is stick straight and always has been so any curls DD gets I want to keep as long as possible!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mom's of girls

• Options
    I don't have a response, but thanks for posting this.  DD's hair is long in front and starting to get in her eyes.  She refuses to keep in any kind of barrette or headband.  I'm at a loss for what to do besides trim her bangs, but I seriously can't consider the thought of getting near her head with scissors.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD1 was 21 months when she had her first haircut. Like Ras said above, she refused to keep anything in her hair and her bangs were in her eyes. DD2 hardly has any hair (well except for a little rattail in the back) so it will be awhile before she needs one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A couple weeks after her 2nd birthday.  Same as others, she wouldn't keep a clip or pony tail in her hair, so she needed bangs.  Be prepared for your baby to grow up before your eyes!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Okay, I got Annabelle hair trimmed at a year old, but she didn't really need it. I think the next time I got her hair cut was at 18 months. She has been three times, I think. I actually need to get her hair cut soon, I'll probably do it this weekend. I love the curls, but I feel it needs to be a tad bit shorter.

• Options
    Lucy got her bangs trimmed when she was 13 months old and whole we classified that as a haircut for her baby book I would hardly call the few wisps of hair anything close to a cut.

Unless it starts growing out all wonky where she has some sort of strange baby mullet or it needs to be evened out I figure ill just let it grow and just keep trimming the bangs.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options

DD1 has never had a haircut, although she didn't really have much hair until around 18 months. I don't want her to have bangs, so her hair in front is in a weird growing stage where I would trim it if I wanted her to have bangs, but since I don't I'm just letting it grow.

It doesn't look ridiculous and most days she lets me pull it back in a half ponytail, so I am putting off a haircut until I think its absolutely required.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Bailey has very little hair up front but the back was getting long and very scraggly so we trimmed the back to even it up. We're hoping that eventually the front of her head will get the message that it's supposed to have hair, too ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure. DH wants to wait until she is 3 ( a Jewish tradition apparently). It's not too long in the front or scraggly, so I hope we can wait until then.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I trimmed her bangs and then took her for a cut around 20 months. Now, I just trim her bangs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    I really don't want to give her bangs, but the rest of her hair is getting scraggly and looks like it needs to be washed every day. Not to mention that she manages to run her hands through her hair at every meal. And she isn't fond of anything in her hair.
  • Options
    Update your siggy pic!! I know that pic is from a few months back :)

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

imageSarahKate31:

Better? Stick out tongue

• Options
    imagenezwee:

imageSarahKate31:

Better? Stick out tongue

Haha! She's such a cutie Smile

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options

We cut D1's mullet off right before she turned 2.  Her first official real haircut was about a year later.  She's had one more since then. 

We cut D2's mullet off when she was about 6 months old.  Her hair is now at the stage when its in her eyes but I keep brushing it back and/or attempting a barrette.  It works sometimes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"