Health & Exercise
Options

Burpees and pushups while pregnant?

Both of these exercises are safe, right?  My OB suggested keeping up my exercise routine (I'm fit and take breaks when needed, have continued to lift etc) but I haven't been doing either of these in about eight weeks.  I'm feeling great these days and thought I'd start again.  

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Burpees and pushups while pregnant?

• Options

Both are fine! I am 37 weeks and still doing push-ups (inverted are great to maintain depth). Burpees made it until probably 30 weeks or so (once belly got big enough I didn't want to descend super quickly). I maintained both through pregnancy #1 as well. You will be SO thankful for maintaining as much fitness as possible once baby is out. 

Good luck! 

• Options
    Still doing both as well (probably way more than my fair share :-)). I started feeling a little pressure/discomfort last week so I just started doing them on a bench (no risers) or using just one riser w/o the bench. Both options addresed the problem for me.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still do both, and feel great (at 40 weeks and one day). It's all about what feels comfortable to you, what you can handle. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  Much appreciated. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i'm 24.5 w and still doing both and feeling good! I do the burpees on parallette bars or without the pushup and for pushups I either do it on the bars, on a barbell or on rings....
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    Haven't been doing burpees, but still doing pushups.  I've had to do the "girl pushups" on my knees though because the added weight of my belly was too much for regular pushups. 
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am still doing both, I was just told me be careful if I start feeling dizzy during burpees.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    check out crossfitmom.com if you want modifications.  I did burpees up to a certain point then I did modified ones.... basically a squat and then a wall pushup.  Pushups I did pretty much the whole time through but had to modify to my knees eventually as it bothered my abs, I just used bars to give me more belly room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You can definitely do both.  I teach Baby Boot Camp in Newport & Huntington and I have pregnant moms as well as postpartum all who do burpees & pushups.  Mainly you just need to listen to your body and do modified versions as you get further into your pregnancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"