January 2011 Moms

My good sleeper has started waking up every night. Anyone else?

Hi, My 21 month old, who used to be a great sleeper, has recently been waking up every night between midnight and 2am once and having a heck of a time getting back to sleep. It has taken us hours to get him to fall back asleep. Im not sure if it has to do with his age or the fact that we now also have a newborn in the house. He also wakes up crying every night, which I hate to see because he is usually so happy. Is anyone else noticing this trend with their toddlers?

Re: My good sleeper has started waking up every night. Anyone else?

• Yes, we had a time where she started to wake up all the time.  I hate CIO because there are a few times where she makes herself puke pretty easily.  However I let her CIO one night and it apparently snapped the waking up cycle and got her back to sleeping better.  Mine could have also been started as teeth and I perpetuated the cycle by going in and getting her, and then it just got worse. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Teeth maybe? I will let JT cry for about 10 or 15 minutes and usually he puts himself back to sleep. Could be dreaming, too, was what I told myself!

Have you tried to let LO just cry? How long did that last for? 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"