New to The Bump
Options

New here and I'm scared to post!

Hi,

I'm new here and just wanted to say Hello. I'm really nervous to post right now because I posted one time on The Knot and I was attacked by everyone because I accidentally picked a really similar name to someone that they knew really well. It was so awful!!! LOL. (Kinda funny thinking back on it, but it wasn't funny then!)

I swore I'd never post again but now after lurking on the Bump for a while I decided to give it another go.  I just want to say hi, and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for one month now, so hopefully it will happen soon for us. I hope to get to know you all better soon! :)

Re: New here and I'm scared to post!

• Options
    Wow... I can't believe you got attacked for that!  I would say the worst you can do here is ask if you are pregnant.  Never ask!  Usually other topics are safe as long as it has not been recently posted.  Welcome and GL!
    my read shelf:
    Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation
  • Options

Hi, newbie here too and started this month as well. So far i have found the ladies here to be very helpful so hopefully that helps with your fears.

Good luck with everything Smile

~Everyone and new friends welcome ~

My Ovulation Chart

TTC#1 since November 2012
    MC on 6/24/13 at 7w2d

My Furbaby
    photo 31.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi! Welcome.

Some of the women on here can be a bit snarky. So before you ask a question, do a quick search (search box is at the bottom of the screen) and see if it is a "hot topic." I hit a hot one on my first post and it was not pretty. Some people don't know how to be honest and nice when you truly are not sure about something.

For the most part, women here are very nice and helpful. Just be sure to lurk a bit and use that search feature.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you guys for being welcoming and helpful! I'm excited to get to know everyone.
  • Options

Welcome.  Lurk around the boards and you'll learn a ton!  Google can be really helpful too.

Best of luck.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options

imageburmann:
    Wow... I can't believe you got attacked for that!  I would say the worst you can do here is ask if you are pregnant.  Never ask!  Usually other topics are safe as long as it has not been recently posted.  Welcome and GL!

Agreed, don't ask if you're pregnant!

Welcome, and happy posting! 

• Options
    I'm new here too. I have posted a few questions and responses without being attacked, but I do see a lot of negativity sometimes. I just try to remember that everyone has different opinions, so when you post be prepared that other people might not agree with your opinion.
  • Options
    Welcome and Good Luck to you :)
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options

I have been here for a few months now I think and I have felt very unwelcome too. Sometimes it feels like high school or something. So hello and welcome :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageColeRose:
    imagesunlavender:

Welcome.  Lurk around the boards and you'll learn a ton!  Google can be really helpful too.

Best of luck.

You are totally becoming a thread hoar...heart it!

There's no stopping meeeeeee! ;)

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    I'm new here too and have questions about everything! I definitely agree with you, some of the ladies expect you to know everything the moment you join... I'm sorry, but how can I research something when I don't even know what your acronyms stand for! And lord help you if you accidentally post on the wrong thread. But most of the ladies here have been very nice and steered me in the right direction. Good luck!
  • Options

Everyone here is really nice. Just take the snark with a grain of salt. Some of the women have good intentions but come across a little intense. Also they don't have much patience for question that they think are "stupid" so ask all your "stupid" questions here. :) as for all the lingo here, there is a glossary link here on the New to the Bump board. Read it and the newbie link and spend some time lurking and you'll get the hang of it quick.

don't worry about getting burned, it won't happen here. It's really horrible that they did that to you. There are lots of wonderful and knowledgable ladies here to help answer all your questions.

GL and welcome! 

Anniversary
  • Options

imagejencperry:
    I'm new here too and have questions about everything! I definitely agree with you, some of the ladies expect you to know everything the moment you join... I'm sorry, but how can I research something when I don't even know what your acronyms stand for! And lord help you if you accidentally post on the wrong thread. But most of the ladies here have been very nice and steered me in the right direction. Good luck!

check out the newbie link and the glossary (both are here on New to the Bump). They help a ton! Ad spend some time lurking on a board you're interested in posting on to get the feel for it. :) hope that helps!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"