December 2011 Moms
Options

BFers... losing interest in nursing?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: BFers... losing interest in nursing?

• Options
    We are kind of in the same boat.  My son nurses the most/longest during his overnight session (really in the early morning at like 4am) and then in the morning when he gets up for the day.  I nurse him maybe 3-4 additional times during the day but it is only for a few minutes.  I think this is just the natural progression and starting of weaning.  He eats solids like a champ so it is only natural for his milk wants/needs to decrease.  The days I work he only takes about 6-8 ounces from a sippy or bottle the entire time I am gone. 
  • Options
    Same for us too. He nurses 4 or 5 times a day. [still up once a night usually] and that feeding and the morning feeding are the only ones where he is on long enough to get a good amount of milk. My boobs feel empty during the day after he feeds but he is usually off and on within 5 min and that's with him getting distracted and stopping to look at the dog or DH, or trying to climb up me. I'm going to talk to the dr today at our appt but I plan on weaning next month and the first 2 I drop will be the afternoon ones. [i feed after naps].
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebuddrfly421:
    Same for us too. He nurses 4 or 5 times a day. [still up once a night usually] and that feeding and the morning feeding are the only ones where he is on long enough to get a good amount of milk. My boobs feel empty during the day after he feeds but he is usually off and on within 5 min and that's with him getting distracted and stopping to look at the dog or DH, or trying to climb up me.

All of this! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    A breastfeeds 4 times during the day and a couple times over night.

There isn't much for her during the day but she enjoys being nursed down for naps. I am usually very full once in the night and one in the late afternoon. Otherwise it seems like she gets a tiny sip.

As long as I still have leaky full times and as long as she is still loving the experience we will carry on. I would be ok stopping at a year but would also be ok carrying on until she is 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I had this issue!  Miles was just starting to wean himself a bit (I think) when he got sick....now, a month later, he is boob obsessed and "asks" to nurse every couple of hours and throws a tantrum when I refuse.  
  • Options
    Add us into the "beginning to wean boat" Somedays E cannot get enough boob and somedays she is so over it...it is begining to play havoc on my supply!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"