International Bumpies
Options

Question about Diapers?

Do you use cloth or disposables? I was thinking about using cloth but it seems that they are really expensive and difficult to get here. Plus, I dont have a dryer and limited space for drying so I am not sure it is for us.

If you use disposables what brand do you use?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about Diapers?

• Options

In Denmark, I mainly use Libero, Huggies, or Pampers.  Whatever is on sale works good for us! 

• Options
    I use cloth.. In Canada.. But we also don't have dryer space I hang everything on his crib edges and that works well enough. There are some brands of CDs like sun babies that are only 5 or 6 dollars a diaper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used cloth (and disposables at night) for my two - without a tumble dryer. With W, we were in a flat, and chose quick drying MF pockets and flat diapers. With M, we had the house, so could ventgure out a bit. I always had diapers drying outside or inside, it was just a fact of life and it wasn't hard to deal with. In Spain, you'd be luckier with teh weather, so even in a flat or without a dryer, I think you'd be fine! :) (Those whirly gig clothes hangers that hang on a hook are fab - hang them over a door and you can fit a lot of diapers on them.)
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    Also look at Alva Baby or eBay, lots of deals for CDs.
  • Options
    And second-hand diapers, if you're not bothered by that, can be great, making it more affordable.
  • Options

We order Pampers from Amazon as they offer the best deals and free delivery.

The Pampers (Dodot) in Carrefour are sooo expensive, and size wise they are quite a bit smaller than the ones we order. Size 5extra Dodot are too small, and it?s diffcult to find 6?s.

But size 5 from the UK/Amazon fit much better. although our next order will aslo be 5+ and 6 Pampers extra dry for nights. 

DS is  now 33 lbs and 32 inches tall

• Options

I use cloth during the day, and disposables at night (I can't find anything that will not leak at night).

I use Bum Genuis mostly. And huggies or Pampers size three.

I have a US mailing address, though, so that makes it a bit easier.

I don't think you need a dryer, I don't put any of my CD stuff in the dryer, anyway.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options

We use cloth, I get most of mine from the UK and just got most of my newborn stash for this one used from https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk The ones I got had been through a few babies but are still in great shape.

We use fitteds with covers almost 100% of the time because pockets don't work for use.

When we do use disposables we use nature babycare. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Options
    imageMouseInLux:

We use cloth, I get most of mine from the UK and just got most of my newborn stash for this one used from https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk The ones I got had been through a few babies but are still in great shape.

We use fitteds with covers almost 100% of the time because pockets don't work for use.

Bought a few new and used when we lived in Canada and just bought 2nd hand infant sized pockets and fitteds off of clothnappytree.com (UK site but I am sure some of the ladies on it would ship to Spain).

Maybe just buy some second hand CDs and try it out first before investing in a big stash? I was worried about the time commitment too so with our first we used a CD service for the first three months and then we did our own.

No dryer: not usually a problem. Actually, the CDs tend to last longer if they're hung to dry. I'll be doing that with mine now because we don't have a dryer in our flat.

Good luck!

• Options
    imagebandwife:
    imageMouseInLux:

Bought a few new and used when we lived in Canada and just bought 2nd hand infant sized pockets and fitteds off of clothnappytree.com (UK site but I am sure some of the ladies on it would ship to Spain).

Maybe just buy some second hand CDs and try it out first before investing in a big stash? 

I second the cloth napy tree for second hand nappies. also, for what it's worth' I have an entire stash I need to get rid off and I'm willing to post to Spain  ;) 

• Options

We lived in the US until DS was 4 months old, and since I knew we were going to move to the UK, I stocked up on diapers while we were there. We probably have enough diapers until DS is 29 lbs. and then I will have to figure out what we are doing for toddler sizes. DH moved a couple months ahead of us and I told him when he was apartment hunting that decent laundry machines were a requirement.

If you are in a city, maybe there is a cloth diaper service in your area ... worth looking into. 

We use mostly prefolds at home and AIOs/pockets when we are out. I just find that AIOs/pockets are quicker to deal with since DS has gotten squirmier as he gets older. At home I can take my time getting a prefold on him, but when we are in a public restroom, sometimes without an adequate changing table, I like to be quick.

I hear that using flats is a good solution if you don't have a dryer and not a lot of space to hang dry. They're thin so they dry fast, and you only need the one size.

There used to be a link on the Green Mountain Diapers website about international package forwarding via Expatexpress.com. It's not there anymore but I don't see why you couldn't do it. The GMD website does say that you have to use a US credit card with them, however. 

• Options
    Cloth. I have a mix. I started with a few (real easy, swaddlebees, FB) from babykind.co.uk which ships across Europe for like 3 GBP! Then I ordered pop-ins from fill your pants. Then I ordered naughty babies off ebay. I actually prefer the latter. I think they are probably similar to like Alva which I am sure ship internationally and are super cheap. I was actually thinking of trying some just bc their prints are cuter and I suppose DS deserves some CDs of his own (my entire stash is recycled from DD).
  • Options
    We are in the UAE and use Pampers....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"