VBAC
Options

Anyone else scared of VBAC??

I had a c section and my new dr is very anti c section. I had already planned on having a vbac but now that it is the plan, I am scared to  push out a baby!!! anyone else???
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else scared of VBAC??

• Options
    I don't know how far along you are but have you considered looking for a new dr who is supportive?

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:
    I don't know how far along you are but have you considered looking for a new dr who is supportive?

I think her doctor is very VBAC supportive if he doesn't like c/s's:-)

I wasn't scared to do it- I was excited, oddly.  But your body is made for it and I assure you that when you are IN the moment, it's not scary at all.  You forget about all of the little things you were worried about and you are just having a baby!

Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I'm very much looking forward to it. To be able to get up, shower, and whatnot immediately after birth instead of 24 hrs later, sign me up! I also want confirmation that DD's surgical birth was unnecessary.
  • Options
    imageMAprincess:

imagejesselayne8:

I think her doctor is very VBAC supportive if he doesn't like c/s's:-)

I wasn't scared to do it- I was excited, oddly.  But your body is made for it and I assure you that when you are IN the moment, it's not scary at all.  You forget about all of the little things you were worried about and you are just having a baby!

Good luck!

Oops I read that as antiVBAC. Sorry.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I know that it will be better for me in the long run, and a easier recovery. even though my c-section was fantastic. But I also think it was a little unnecessary csection.. we had planned it b/c of blood pressure but then my water broke before it and we didnt even try labor. My new dr is getting my csection report to see what was the exact reason. I think I have been watching too much of a baby story and the crazy deliveries. LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagexoashleigh4ox:
    I think I have been watching too much of a baby story and the crazy deliveries. LOL

Ah, yeah, those will stress you out! That's great you have a doctor who supports VBAC, it can be hard to find in some areas.

Here's a link of a bunch of VBAC birth stories: https://vbacbumpies.blogspot.com/p/birth-stories.html

As for your original question, I would get stressed about going through labor again and ending with another c/s, but reminding myself of the things I could and couldn't control really helped. And once I started labor, I didn't worry about it being a VBAC labor or anything. Good luck!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    Idunno, I have been going back and forth about VBAC since we got the BFP, I always planned on trying, but now that it's almost upon me, I'm second guessing myself. One week I am all about pushing this kid out on my own and having an awesome labor, and the next week I'm thinking, what if something goes wrong again, it would be easier just to schedule a surgery, even though I know from my last one that the recovery sucks.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Honestly, I'm scared of all birth.  The process is scary and there are so many unknowns.  I kind of look at it as the trial, before you get your prize (baby).

I was crying on my way into the hospital for my induced VBAC.  Then I nearly vomited before they even started the pitocin.  But, I wouldn't have been any less nervous for a c-section.  I was terrified at the thought of going back to the OR. 

The good news is that once the contractions really start, you're not scared of pushing any more, you're desparate for it.  I thought pushing was the best part - since you are so much more in control.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecchill01:

Honestly, I'm scared of all birth.  The process is scary and there are so many unknowns.  I kind of look at it as the trial, before you get your prize (baby).

I was crying on my way into the hospital for my induced VBAC.  Then I nearly vomited before they even started the pitocin.  But, I wouldn't have been any less nervous for a c-section.  I was terrified at the thought of going back to the OR. 

The good news is that once the contractions really start, you're not scared of pushing any more, you're desperate for it.  I thought pushing was the best part - since you are so much more in control.

This is what I want to experience. I think I had too much epidural and it just made me completely numb, I had no idea what to do since I couldn't feel ANYTHING going on down there... The doctor had to tell me when to push from reading the monitors and I couldn't even tell if i was pushing or not!

If it winds up being so painful that I get the epi again, I'm afraid of this happening again and then having to go for a c-section anyway.

I know there are so many unknowns, and this one could be completely different, but when you have a prior experience, it's kind of all you have to go on, ya know?

OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

cchill01 -

Where in the Philadelphia Burbs are you from? Would you mind sharing your doctor's name with me?

• Options

I'm not scared.  I'm mildly scared that after all this preparation it still might now work out, but I'm far more scared of another C/S than I am of a VBAC.

Stay far, far away from A Baby Story!  That would scare me too.  I swore off of that show (and others like it) after my experience last time.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I am scared. We have not 100% decided what we are going to do, but I am honestly scared either way. Vaginal delivery is unknown to me (I stopped dilating at 5cm with DD) and my c/s was horrible. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"