December 2011 Moms
Options

First or Second

Which Christmas is it for your baby/toddler?

It will be A's first Christmas! I am so excited. We put a tree up yesterday.

I am also looking forward to being home and NOT GETTING A TRANSFUSION on New Year's day!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First or Second

• Options
    This will be Josephine's 2nd Christmas.  Although I was so sleep deprived for her first one, that I am looking forward to this one.  I didn't get to "enjoy" the day.  I was still adjusting.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    This is our second Christmas.  Last year we spent most of our time at my parents' house (mostly because I didn't want to cook or clean with a newborn) but this year we are doing our own thing.  I want to start new traditions with our little family!  I can't wait!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    2nd, but he was born on Christmas Eve so we were in the hospital on Christmas Day!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This will be Eleanor's first Christmas!! I'm very excited. She was due before Christmas, but came over a week late :) 
    BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Options
    This is A's second Christmas.  But I'm looking forward to actually enjoying it.  She was 3 weeks old last year and I was still in a total fog!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options

You already put a tree up!?!? Ahg I'm so jealous!! FI won't let me decorate until Thanksgiving night (that's when we traditionally put up our fake tree, we get our real living room tree the Saturday after).

This will be M's 2nd, but her first with a real tree! And real presents! Last year FI and I just got her a build a bear with a recording of us both saying Merry 1st Christmas M. 

ETA: We're also doing things differently this year, both FI and I have huge families and both of our parents are divorced and his are remarried so it makes for interesting holidays. Last year we went to 3 different places on xmas eve and 4 on xmas day, this year we're saying screw it and are staying home xmas day and anyone who wants to come see M and/or us is free to visit for an open breakfast/brunch.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    This will be his second. He was born Dec 3, and we had a great Christmas last year and visited lots of family. He was still oblivious to it all, but he did seem entertained by the lights. I'm sure this year, it will be all out war to keep him off the Christmas tree, but lots of fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This will be our second. Though, our first was also spent in the NICU. DH and I exchanged our presents the night I was induced and we didn't buy anything for DS since we didn't know he would be coming before Christmas. We stopped buying anything baby related after he was diagnosed. I am very excited about this Christmas! I hope he has fun with presents and gets how to open them!
  • Options
    Second for DS.  He was 3 days old last Christmas and pretty much slept through it all.
    photo IMG_2317_zpsa2789747.jpg
  • Options
    This will be DS's second Christmas.  We're going to be spending it in North Carolina with the IL's since we weren't able to see them for either Thanksgiving or Christmas last year.  I'm happy that we'll be with them for Christmas (I really like my IL's) but sad that we'll be spending our first Christmas in our new house NOT in our new house.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This will be DS's second Christmas. However, we were discharged from the hospital last year on Christmas at 4 in the afternoon. My parents had came over and brought us food in the evening so we were all in a fog. Bringing home LO from the hospital on Christmas was the best present EVER,  but we were in such a fog so I'm looking forward to Christmas this year.

• Options
    This will be DS's second Christmas.  I have a picture from last year of him snuggling peacefully under the tree.  Somehow, I don't think it will be quite as serene this year! 
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This will be C's second Christmas.  Last year I spent most of the day crying from crazy hormones and lack of sleep, so I'm looking forward to actually enjoying it this year.  At least now I'm used to the lack of sleep.  :) 
  • Options
    Second Thanksgiving AND Christmas. I remember last Thanksgiving he was in a bili blanket the whole time and slept in a pnp at my in laws.  He was 4 weeks early!  He was 5 weeks at Christmas and I must have been in a haze because I don't really remember how he did last year!! 

• Options
    This will be our second Christmas but it definitely feels like the first.  We were still in "survival" mode last Christmas and I honestly don't even remember the day at all.  We didn't even take pictures.  We did take a few pics a couple days before Christmas, right before my mom left after staying with us for 2.5 weeks.  I'm really looking forward to enjoying this Christmas and actually remembering it! haha
  • Options

This will be Emily's second Christmas. She was born on Christmas Eve and we came home early Christmas Day. I'm looking forward to this Christmas this year because we are going to Hawaii!

I'm jealous that your Christmas Tree is up!!

• Options
    This is B's 2nd Christmas. He was only 4 days old the first Christmas so we were all pretty exhausted. I am SO looking forward to this year though! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This will be R's 1st. Last Christmas I was well overdue and having heavy contractions. We didn't celebrate the holiday at all. We're making up for it this year. :)
  • Options
    This will be his 2nd. Although I'll admit, his first was kind of hazy for me! I think this year will be a lot more fun :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2nd she was two days old last year...that day was a blur! I'm looking very forward to this Christmas :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    This will be our second. DD was 2 weeks old last year and slept through most of the travels. She really liked our Christmas tree last year. I kept it up half way through January because she would just stare at it and coo. :) This year is going to be so much fun. She loves tearing paper, so presents will be a blast! It could be pretty challenging to keep her out of them!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    2nd. Last year I was so tired and we had also just moved into a new house. This year will be much more fun 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Yay for no transfusions!

This will be A's second Christmas, but it feels like his first. Last year he was about a week old. I felt like I missed Christmas. This year I am over the moon with excitement!

• Options
    This will be our second :)  M was one week and one day old for his first Christmas!  Oh man, thinking about it makes me all nostalgic. 
  • Options

This will be E's 2nd Christmas.  Last year, my mom flew out to California Christmas morning and stayed with us for 10 days.  It was so nice for her to be there for Christmas and to meet E for the first time.

This year being in Scotland, we do not have any visitors on Christmas, but my younger sister is flying out to visit us a few weeks before...we can't wait :)

Also...I have already decorated the inside of my house...minus the tree because we have not decided on what to buy yet.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    This will be his second.  His first was fun and special, but I'm glad he won't be attached to a breathing monitor this time!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"