December 2011 Moms
Options

Any other exclusive pumpers out there?

Gosh, it's been quite a while since I posted on here! I hope everyone and their LO's are doing well. My DD just turned 11 months on Friday. She had a big week last week...first steps and 4 new teeth! Anywho...on to what this post is about.

I've been EP since she was 2 weeks old. We had a lot of latching issues, so I went the pumping route. I don't know how I've done it, but here we are at almost a year. I'm very proud of myself for sticking it out this long. Most of my friends thought I was crazy. lol I'm starting to agree! I'm really over the constant pumping and lack of free time, so I'm ready to start transitioning. Being a FTM, I'm kind of clueless as to where to go from here. Any other moms in the same boat? I've considered starting to transition DD to whole milk by slowly mixing it with BM. Has anyone else done this and how did it turn out?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Any other exclusive pumpers out there?

• Options

I'm an exclusive pumper!  Or at least I was until a few weeks ago.  My supply started dropping when she was about 6 months, so I had to start supplementing.  Since she was only 6 months, I supplemented with formula.  My supply has continued dropping since then, and a few weeks ago I started getting about 6 oz combined all day long (pumping 6 times a day), so I cut my pumping sessions down to 3 times a day.  Now I'm just pumping in the morning when I wake up and right before I go to bed, and I only get about 2 oz combined, so I'll probably completely stop in the next week or so. 

Sorry I don't have an whole milk experience, but the transition to formula went smoothly so I'm hoping the transition to WM will be easy, too. 

And congratulations for pumping for so long!  I was proud of myself for lasting so long, too.  It's really nice not being attached to the pump for multiple hours every day.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ever since I had a cold a couple months ago and made the mistake of taking Mucinex, my supply has never been the same. I'm still managing to make a enough for the day, but that's it. My freezer stash has been totally gone. I supplement on some days with half BM, half formula on a bottle or two and she's done fine with it. Ever since I went back to work when DD was 3 months, I've been pumping 4x a day. I would get anywhere from 6-8 oz. a sitting, now it's down to 3-6 oz. a sitting. I've started working down to 3 sessions a day. I love having just that 30 minutes back! Congrats to you Tess for making it as long as you did! I have a very supportive husband to thank for making it as long as I have.
  • Options
    I will try that mtb21. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"