Pregnant after 35

Hemorrhoids, U/S, and stuff...lol

So, I don't know if any of you have experienced hemorrhoids yet- I hear they are pretty common for us pregnant ladies. I had my first bout of them last week, and they were very unpleasant so just wanted to pass along some info to you all...I drank prune juice which definitely helped to soften the stool but also made my stomach super growly and crazy...I also have stool softener pills, but the doctor wanted me to try the juice first so I have only taken a couple of the pills. Also, if you are in pain buy Tucks medicated pads, they help...this combo made me feel better this week...don't like the prune juice but definitely better than the pain!

As for the U/S, have my first one Monday and am a bit nervous- really hoping and praying that the baby will be healthy and growing well. My mom and "my person" (for those of you who watch Grey's) are coming with me. I've had some very unfortunate and sad things happen to me over the past 12 years, and I am really hoping for some happy news here...will keep you posted, of course...

In response to people posting about laughing and crying randomly- this has definitely been happening to me! I feel so silly (esp with the crying) but when it happens, you just can't help it...haha. Also, I get extremely tired randomly (sometimes after eating) and cannot do anything but take a nap- I am pretty much stopped in my tracks- it is so frustrating! 

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well today...sending good vibes to you all...

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Hemorrhoids, U/S, and stuff...lol

• *waves* Hi, Donegal! It is good to see you and hear how it's going. Sorry about the H-bombs (heh) but glad you've found a way to combat them. I hope your U/S shows a beautiful healthy baby! Can't wait for you to update on Monday.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • imagedanuli8:
    *waves* Hi, Donegal! It is good to see you and hear how it's going. Sorry about the H-bombs (heh) but glad you've found a way to combat them. I hope your U/S shows a beautiful healthy baby! Can't wait for you to update on Monday.

That's funny.  I am dealing with them and they do suck.  The thing is I never had constipation problems so I never exerted myself when using the bathroom.  I was hoping because of this I would not get them.  Then 1 morning I woke up and low and behold I had one.  They are not fun and I feel your pain.

I hope that your ultra sound goes well on Monday.  Sending you lots of good vibes for a great U/S.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh-- hemorrhoids are the WORST! Especially when they throb and itch (sorry if that's TMI). I used to get them all the time when I was a teenager. I have managed to avoid them so far this pregnancy, but only because i eat a HUGE bowl of mango and pineapple at least once a day. And I drink so much water, I feel like I should change my name to Nemo. The Tucks pads are fantastic-- and sometimes it helps to soak in water as hot as you can stand it.

Good luck with those! I hope you can keep them at bay the rest of the time. If it helps, the fact that your body is already responding so strongly to the pregnancy hormones (slowing down your digestive tract so your body has time to absorb more of your food's nutrients to fuel your baby's development) is a great indication that your body is doing what it needs to do to grow a healthy baby.

Let us know how the U/S goes tomorrow-- it's a truly life-changing experience to see the little heartbeat going like gangbusters and to see the baby wiggle!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• I had a really rough bout of hemorrhoids a few weeks back. My OB warned me they might continue the remainder of the pregnancy and to up my water and take a stool softener. I started drinking more water and applied ointment in about 2 weeks they were subsided - whew!

Good luck with the U/S. One you find out that all is ok (hoping for that for you!), the rest of the session is really wonderful. It's great you can have people you care about there with you to share in it. 

H&H pregnancy to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"