1st Trimester
Options

Petite ladies when did you start showing

Hi ladies,

I consider myself short 5ft, pant sizes 4 prepregnancy. I noticed I started to show this week. I'm currently 7weeks 1day. I'm not going crazy with food. When did you start to show? My mom said she started showing early when she was pregnant both times with me my brother.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Petite ladies when did you start showing

• Options

I am short. I was quite small when I had my first two kids and I didn't show until near the end. (maybe 7 months until people would really notice.) With my first I didn't ever really need maternity clothes.

I am obviously still short but I started out much heavier this time. I am 12 weeks and not showing. The baby just isn't big enough.

I think at 7 or 8 weeks "showing" is a lot of bloat. Even at 12 weeks the baby is so small.  

• Options
    I am very short, with my second pregnancy I was showing at 13 weeks. With this one, I'm still bloated but I am starting to look pregnant at 7 weeks. 

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hate to burst your bubble but regardless of how tiny you are, you aren't showing at 7 weeks.  I'm shorter than you and believe me, it's bloat and a little bit of your guts shifting around.  Your uterus is below your pelvic bone until 12 weeks and then rises up only a little each week.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Thanks for your input.
  • Options

I am small too.  5'1", 110 lbs pre pregnancy (currently 114).  I started having a small bump with #1 around 12 weeks.  I was bloated way before that but at 12 weeks had a distinct hard round belly.

2nd time, probably more like 10-11 weeks.

This time around I have been showing since about 8 weeks.

Call it want you want but my belly is hard, round, cannot suck it in, people look at me and say congratulations (it is obvious).  I had the midwife show me the upper border of my uterus and you can definitely feel it above the pelvic bone.

Everyone is different but chances are, you will start showing sooner the smaller you are. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm 5ft 2 size 0-2 and at almost 11 weeks other than bigger boobs I'm not showing at all. I've also lost about 5 lbs so if there was anything to show it would certainly show. 

• Options
    The baby (still an embryo at this point) is the size of a blueberry. You are not showing. You're probably bloated. You do show faster with second+ pregnancies because of muscle memory, but at 7 weeks it's not your uterus showing.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • Options
    I am 5'4 and 108 lbs., with DD I didn't start showing until about 24 weeks.  I am 8 weeks now and having a lot of bloat.  It's not the same thing as showing.  The bloat should go down soon and then you won't start really showing until much later.
  • Options
    I'm somewhat in your shoes at only 6 weeks but it is definitely bloat.  I can't suck it in and I know it's not the baby yet but I'm totally owning it.  It's a part of pregnancy and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With my son I started showing around 19 weeks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    Sounds like bloat but everyone is different. Im 5'4 and 110 lbs prepregnancy. I didn't start showing with DS until about 18 weeks. I'm now 11 weeks and very bloated but when I wake up I have a little pooch but it definitely looks like a bump in late afternoon but its bloat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. I figured its too early and most likely bloat but I was curious as to when others started to show. Thanks again for sharing.
  • Options
    I am at 10 weeks.  Its baby bloat.  I accept for what it is.  I have loved my belly band for a few weeks now.  I don't care if its bloat or its baby, my pants don't fit. 
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemikeANDjen448:
    I'm somewhat in your shoes at only 6 weeks but it is definitely bloat.  I can't suck it in and I know it's not the baby yet but I'm totally owning it.  It's a part of pregnancy and I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Amen sista 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started showing a very little bit at around 14 weeks. Before that people said I was showing, but it was just bloat.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"