Baby Names
Options

opinions on Kiana and spelling suggestions

DH and I have decided that we like the name Kiana (for now) DH says that people will pronounce it Key-anna and we want it pronounced Key-on-a. I've asked several people and people have all pronounced it differently. Someone suggested spelling it Keona but I think that looks funny. I know 3 people with the name and its spelled Khe'Yan.a, Kiann.a, and Kionn.a (periods for google) so I am not sure what the correct spelling is.

So, opinions on the name Kiana and how do you spell it? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: opinions on Kiana and spelling suggestions

• Options

I dislike Kiana, but I pronounced it the way you like, Key-onna.

I think most people will pronounce it that way but if you want to avoid Key-anne-uh altogether, maybe Kionna is the way to go.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Kiana deff makes me pronounce it Key anna.

Keona would probably be best. Maybe Keyona.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would definitely pronounce it correctly, and most people I know would. But it may be a cultural thing- lots of Kiana's and similar around where I live.
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I pronounce it the way you like it. Honestly, she may have to correct people every once in a while, but if she introduces herself with that pronunciation, I don't think it'll be an issue.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would pronounce it the way you like it. Adding an extra n [Kianna] would make me pronounce it like Anna. Spelling it with an O makes me want to pronounce it key oh na. I would just go with your original spelling. You/she may have to correct people every now and then, but I think that's inevitable no matter how you spell it, and I like your original spelling best.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I would pronounce Kiana as "Key-on-a" so if that's the pronounciation you're going for I think you're fine with this spelling. I think that is your best option. 
  • Options
    My daughters name is Kiana pronounced key ah na. I love her name and always get compliments on her name.
  • Options

imageCherylAnn789:
    I would pronounce Kiana as "Key-on-a" so if that's the pronunciation you're going for I think you're fine with this spelling. I think that is your best option. 

This.

I also agree that if you put 2 N's then some might say "anna".  But I think you're all good with 1 N.

• Options
    My friend's cousin is named Quiana pronounced Key-on-ah, so that's the spelling I would use. I've always thought it was pretty. :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I dislike the name, and would pronounce it like Key-anna.
  • Options

imagequeenbone:
    My friend's cousin is named Quiana pronounced Key-on-ah, so that's the spelling I would use. I've always thought it was pretty. :)

This is the only "correct" spelling I have seen.  I know someone who made up a spelling because the middle name is Ann and she didn't want the confusion of Ann and ana having different sounds... so she spelled it with an O instead of an A.  I think ki.ona is what she did.

I like the Q spelling myself...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a student in my class last year named Kieona (pronounced Key-on-a). Just another idea for how to spell it.

I like the name btw :) 

BFP #1 9/3/2011 Chemical Pregnancy - 9/14/2011 BFP #2 12/6/11 Missed MC - D&C 1/24/12 BFP #3 6/15/12 EDD 2/21/2013 Stick baby, stick! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have students named Kiana, Keanna and Keyonna.

Keanna is the only one pronounced Key-anna.

I think Kiana looks best, but I know Keyonna has never had anyone mispronounce her name.

• Options
    I know of a Kiana and it is spelled just like that.  I think it's fine and a really cute name
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"