Eco-Friendly Family
Options

If you use wash cloths to clean / wipe kids' faces, etc...

How do you store them in between washes?

I use white wash cloths all the time to clean up after every meal, wipe down the counters, etc. so I use several a day.

I have noticed they're becoming UNBELIEVABLY disgusting smelling even after a long hot wash - just dingy, almost moldy and terribly rank!

I don't know what to do with the dirty towels at the end of the day when I don't have a wash to do.

What's the secret here?

Btw, sorry if this is asked a lot - I've been off the Bump forever. TIA!

"If you find a mate in life, you should be loyal. In your case, grateful."
SAHM to two sweet girls, both born at home; Baby #3 in 2013!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: If you use wash cloths to clean / wipe kids' faces, etc...

• Options
    I have a kitchen wetbag, like those people use with cloth diapers attached to my ovens handle.

It's great. Super easy to put dirties in. If it's soaking if you let it dry before putting it in the bag it'll not be as smelly.

Do yours smell after you wash them? I've contemplated sunning mine to see if that removes some stains, but since they smell fine I know they are clean, even if they are a little dingy.

Edit: You did say they smelled after a wash. 1. What are you washing them with? Is it hot? 2. Maybe try rinsing them a bit after you clean something up.

When I clean my counters I soap, rinse, soap, rinse all the way around. Then do a final rinse of the rag, it dries, it goes in the bag.
  • Options

If they are almost moldy as you said it means you are leaving them wet all bunched up somewhere which is perfect for mildew to grow.

What I do after I use them in the kitchen I hang them out to dry on a towel rack on the of my kitchen island, once dry they go into a bag hanging on the stairway going to the basement, so once a week or when I have enough for a load I just grab the bag on my way to the laundry area.

As for towels used for the baby--like cleaning him up after meal--i hang it over the high chair until dry and then it goes in the hamper.

Just a find a place to hang them out to dry then store until you run a wash.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with others - always hang to dry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"