Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Your very first signs of pregnancy?

What were they? And how soon did you feel them? 

My first hints were very sore breasts, and something like mentrual cramping a lot! This was happening already at less than 2 weeks! Unfortunately, it ended in a loss, but we are trying again now!

I would love to know what other women experienced as signs.

Re: Your very first signs of pregnancy?

• Options
    Thank you very much. That is interesting! I have wondered a lot about progesterone, and thought I should get on it, but my doc thinks it is kind of crazy after 'only' one loss. Ive read it's expensive too?
  • Options
    I was too impatient to wait for signs, I peed on a stick as soon as I could. So, a positive pregnancy test was it for me!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Scerulla, how far were you when you got the positive?
  • Options

As has been said, early pregnancy signs are pretty much identical to PMS symptoms, so there's really no way to know based on symptoms until you get a BFP.

For me, however, before each of my 3 BFPs, I got cramping at 7dpo, which I assume was implantation cramping. It was very unusual for me because up until BFP1 I had a luteal phase of 16-17 days and cramped on CDs 1-3 but never as PMS, so my suspicion was confirmed by a BFP at 10dpo. With BFP2, I also had cramps on 7dpo, again arousing suspicions which were confirmed at 11dpo. And with BFP3 I was cramping at 7dpo so wasn't really surprised by (but of course was happy about) the BFP at 9dpo. Really, though, it's just chance that for me all three times it was at 7dpo. Implantation can vary and any cramping associated with it, too.

I can also highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and using fertilityfriend.com to chart your basal body temperature. It will give you a better idea of what's going on with your body. After a miscarriage things can be kind of out of whack for a while, just to warn you. I wish you the best of luck!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

For me, I experienced very distinct symptoms from PMS but that could be bc my body had gone so long without self-regulated periods. Sore breasts were what made me test with my first pregnancy and I had the same distinct soreness with this one as well.  

So sorry for your loss.  

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

With my first pregnancy, it was my crazy intense hunger that came out of nowhere that made me start to think I was pregnant.  I got a + about 3 days later.

This time, I had a lot of twinging and pulling in my uterus basically from two or three days after I O'd. 

• Options

This is very interesting to read your experiences. I have been doing the cramping thing I did when I got pregnant with our angelbaby. I doubt I ovulated so soon after my D&C (3.5 weeks), but I have no idea. I really hope the glob of mucus I saw the other day was a good sign, and now I am waiting for sore breasts again. They almost killed me last time! Haha. Been doing the baby dance every ither day since approval a week ago.

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease, I cannot wait to be preg again.

• Options

imageBastisWifey:
    Thank you very much. That is interesting! I have wondered a lot about progesterone, and thought I should get on it, but my doc thinks it is kind of crazy after 'only' one loss. Ive read it's expensive too?

My first sign has always been an elevated temp on the day that I should have gotten my period. I always knew I was pregnant before I took the test based on that.

As for the progesterone, I would ask your doctor to do betas asap after you get your bfp and to check your P4 as well. If it's low, you can start progesterone right away.

ETA: It's only expensive if your insurance won't cover it. I paid my $7 copay when I was on prometrium, and pay $20 for my crinone. I think crinone is pretty pricey without coverage though and is between 16-18 a tube without.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options
    imageBastisWifey:

What were they? And how soon did you feel them? 

My first hints were very sore breasts, and something like mentrual cramping a lot! This was happening already at less than 2 weeks! Unfortunately, it ended in a loss, but we are trying again now!

I would love to know what other women experienced as signs.

Sorry for your loss, and good luck with the trying!!

My first signs were the sore boobs as well, not much else. I don't have morning sickness so it wasnt that, like most ppl. My period wasn't even late, actually. But I PMS a certain way and didn't get acne like usual or gain the typical 3-5lbs do I took a test and it popped BFP immediately!! 

• Options
    I tested super early due to some dental work I has scheduled. The only things I had noticed that my boobs didn't hurt as soon after O and that my face had broken out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My symptoms were just like my normal PMS symptoms...The only thing that made me test before my period should have come was the horrible sickness that came the week I was suppose to start...I hardly ever feel sick while on my period and I knew something was not right...I was suppose to start on sunday...tested on thursday and it was neg . and then tested again that next day and got a very faint positive..and continued to do so until I got a very dark line.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    About 5-7 days dpo I had cramping that was a little sharper than menstrual cramps, but didn't last long.  Those would come and go.  Then I got a +hpt at 10dpo.  Then the following week I had tender breasts.  And the week after I've had a mix of severe bouts of nausea mixed with insane bouts of hunger.  My 1st pregnancy was the exact same, but my loss pregnancy (2nd) I didn't have any symptoms except for the cramping,
  • Options
    I guess I am a bit different from the general consensus. I really did feel queasy two days before expected AF arrival, as well as some cramping. I don't normally experience noticeable symptoms before AF arrives. Cramping hits the day of AF for me. Now that was with my daughter. I had the same symptoms with my first loss. Second loss I just had some cramping. And this pregnancy I just had cramping, no queasiness. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

With my previous pregnancy, which ended in an early loss, and my current pregnancy I had the same signs. Let down feeling in my breasts.. The tingling sensation, and I felt super hungry. I just kinda knew I was pregnant, so when the test showed positive I was so happy, but wasn't taken by surprise.

Sorry for your loss. FX for positive pregnancy test soon!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

*Gone but never forgotten* {c/p 11/16/12 @ 4w4d}{MMC 11/20/12 @ 8w5d}

• Options
    I got my first positive tests at 8, 9 and 10 dpo. So it was the tests for me. First two days were line tests, third day I used a line test and a digital. Shortly after those started popping up, my nausea and lack of appetite started.
    **All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

So sorry about your loss

My first sign both times (this time and for my loss) was a urinary tract infection.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP 2/22/12. Lost my perfect little girl due to a subchorionic hematoma (probable vanishing twin) on 4/27/12. D/C 5/22/12. BFP 8/21/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"