Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Confusing hpt test line- evap or early pregnancy?

I was am 9 dpo and took a first response early pregnancy test this morning and it looked negative.  Then I looked at it in the sunlight, and I could see a really faint line.  This was within 5 minutes of taking the test.  I threw it out before taking a picture.

Tonight, I took a Clearblue digital test that said "not pregnant".  I was curious if it would have the faint line, so I ripped it open...  (I'm starting to sound crazy...)

This is a picture of it within 5 minutes of taking the test, right after I opened it.  Could both of these be evap lines so soon after taking the tests?    I know it's super early, but I'm uneducated about evap lines/early results on tests.  Everything on google seemed to say that evap lines had to be after the expired time to read it.  Thanks for any input!

Me 33, him 34
Married in 2004
Focused on TTC since 2010
SA good/ ovary & vaginal u/s good- Not ovulating or having AF- trying aygestin
Clomid try #1 9/2012 -BFN
Clomid try #2 10/2012 -BFN
Clomid try #3-5 BFN!
Clomid #6 BFP!!! Due 12/24/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Confusing hpt test line- evap or early pregnancy?

• Options

Blue dye tests are not good - known for false positives. 

Your digital said "not pregnant", then I think you are not PG or it is too early to test.

You could get a pink dye test and test in the morning with first morning urine (FMU). 

Just keep testing till you get a + or your period.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options
    Take a pink dye test in the am and ONLY look at it within the time limit.  Blue dye are known for false positives.  GL.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecinderin:
    Blue dye tests are not good known for false positives.Your digital said "not pregnant", then I think you are not PG or it is too early to test. You could get a pink dye test and test in the morning with first morning urine FMU.Just keep testing till you get a or your period.

Yep, this.
    I would start fresh with a pink dye test

GL!
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options

Thanks all!

I did take a pink test this am, the first response early test.  It had a super faint line.  I threw it out before I took a picture of it. 

I will start fresh tomorrow.  :)

Me 33, him 34
    Married in 2004
    Clomid try #3-5 BFN!
  • Options
    I was on the same crazy boat with you today. Thought I saw a line, not sure if it was an evap line or I'm going so looney that I'm now imagining lines. Hope things are more clear in the morning. Good luck!
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • Options

imageLesley0228:
    I was on the same crazy boat with you today. Thought I saw a line, not sure if it was an evap line or I'm going so looney that I'm now imagining lines. Hope things are more clear in the morning. Good luck!

This morning, I had to keep blinking to tell if I was actually seeing a faint line or just something I was imagining!  Good luck to you too!

Me 33, him 34
    Married in 2004
    Clomid try #3-5 BFN!
  • Options
    I would use a pink dye.

GL
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pee on a mustache. If it turns pink you are pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You're not supposed to open digital pregnancy tests and read results. The reason being is they measure not only for the hcg hormone but also the luteinizing hormone just like the opks. I'm guessing that's why you're seeing the line. Check out www.peeonastick.com for further information on why you shouldn't take apart digital pregnancy tests and try to interpret the lines. Test again in a day or two. Good luck.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options
    I have diagnosed myself with a permanent case of line eye. Its pretty serious.

Anniversary

• Options

imageChancieMark:
    Jesus Henry Christ chicks. She said she opened the digital and this a picture of it so stop with the blue dye remarks. OP, I'm pretty sure the instructions say not to open the test and/or not read the stick on the inside. It's invalid.

Thank you Chancie, I was looking through responses for this! I didn't want to double post an answer.

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Digitals will show a line regardless of whether or not you're pregnant, that's why you're not supposed to take them apart. 
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageangelchild24:

imageChancieMark:
    Jesus Henry Christ chicks. She said she opened the digital and this a picture of it so stop with the blue dye remarks. OP, I'm pretty sure the instructions say not to open the test and/or not read the stick on the inside. It's invalid.

Thank you Chancie, I was looking through responses for this! I didn't want to double post an answer.

IKR? Everyone with the standby blue dye answer. It doesn't apply to digis ppl! And don't open digis - they all have two lines and you can't interpret them!

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageangelchild24:

imageChancieMark:

That makes three of us!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedpr320:

Thanks all!

I did take a pink test this am, the first response early test.  It had a super faint line.  I threw it out before I took a picture of it. 

I will start fresh tomorrow.  :)

I would say that if you had a faint positive on a pink dye test this am it is safe to say you are KU.  You can test again tomorrow and every day after that, but go ahead and intro on 1st tri. 

• Options
    I would test tomorrow with FMU on a pink dye test. GL! Hopefully you can find out for sure if this is your BFP!
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Options

imageBrazilianPeach:
    Am I the only one who pictured a crazy woman with a hammer screaming while crushing the HPT open? LOL. "You say 'Not Pregnant'?Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!!!"

Lol.  HULK SMASH TEST!!!!

• Options

imageBrazilianPeach:
    Am I the only one who pictured a crazy woman with a hammer screaming while crushing the HPT open? LOL. "You say 'Not Pregnant'?Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie!!!!"

Hahahaha! 

Me 33, him 34
    Married in 2004
    Clomid try #3-5 BFN!
  • Options

I'm guessing tomorrow we're going to get another "sqeee guess what I'm totes prego" post.

• Options

imageBrazilianPeach:

Haha that's what I was seeing:)

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"